Monday, September 28, 2026

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (September 28, 2026)

 It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.

Other Than Reading...

And the end of September arrives! The baseball regular season ends later today. Luckily, my Atlanta Braves have made it to the post-season which means I will have more baseball to watch before games begin again next March. 

Besides going crazy at Audible and buying eleven new audiobooks, the week was quiet. I bought the whole A Natural History of Dragons series by Marie Brennan after beginning the first and really enjoying the audiobook. I also bought the books that were missing from my collection of the Vorkosigan series by Lois McMaster Bujold since I have been thinking hard about a reread of that series. I once had them all by\ut some were Audible Plus copies that are no longer offered there. 

The main part of the reason that I bought so many is that I'm taking part in the Audible Rewards program. One of the deals was spent $40 and get $10. Only, I didn't activate that offer before I bought the Marie Brennan books which means they didn't count. So, I bought the missing Vorkosigan audiobooks so that I could get my $10 off on the 5th Marie Brennan title. 

I did add three more review copies including one this morning that made its way to my Currently Reading pile and caused a rearrangement of my calendar. My total stack of review books now numbers 37. Five are on my Next Week stack and two are on Currently reading. 

My brother works days Monday through Thursday this week which means I'm in charge of dinner. I put a pork roast, sauerkraut, and potatoes in the crockpot this morning even though this is his day off and he could cook since I have doctor's appointment tomorrow morning. That should give us leftovers for at least one more meal one of those days. And there is always pizza if a better idea doesn't emerge. 

With this week's additions my 2026 TBR stack has ballooned to 26 books. None of the Bujold books are on the calendar yet but all the others are. 

Read Last Week
  • Bark Humbug by David Rosenfelt (Review, October 13) -- 34th in the Andy Carpenter contemporary mystery series. My review will be posted on October 8.
  • Please Enjoy Your Stay by Tara Goedjens (Review, October 13) -- Spooky and twisty thriller set in an Austrian castle turned boutique hotel. My review will be posted on October 8.
  • The Christmas Competition by Zoe Allison (Review, October 20) -- Holiday enemies to lovers romance. My review will be posted on October 13.
  • A Natural History of Dragons by Marie Brennan (Kindle & Audiobook, Mine since September 24) -- First in a five-book historical fantasy series. Excellent. My review will be posted on October 23.
  • The Inheritance by Ilona Andrews (Audiobook, mine since September 3) -- First in a new urban fantasy series. My review will be posted on November 10.
  • Knave of Diamonds by Laurie R. King (Audiobook, mine since November 1, 2025) -- 19th in the Mary Russell historical mystery series. My review will be posted on October 27.
  • Enchanting the Fae Queen by Stephanie Burgis (Kindle and Audiobook, Mine since September 22) -- Second book in the Queens of Villainy romantasy series. My review will be posted on October 20.
  • Late for the Wedding by Amanda Quick (Kindle & Audiobook, Mine since September 19) -- Final book in the Lake and March historical romance series. My review will be posted on October 16.
Currently
Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Review:
Bought:
What was your week like?

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lot of great books in your future. The Christmas Competition sounds cute. Looking forward to your review. I am on the fence about Audible Rewards, but might try it. The Red Sox made the Wild Card, so we will see what happens. Enjoy the rest of baseball season and your reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m jealous you have Glimmer of Death, I loved the Meredith Gentry series when I read it and I’m really curious about how Hamilton is going to end it after all this time.
    Thanks for sharing your week, happy reading

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh very nice! Lots of new to me ones here. I just got a copy of The Velvet Knife to review so I will be diving into that one next! Hope you enjoy your reads lined up for this week!


    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a great book list and many to look forward to. I hope you enjoy them all and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like some great reading reading in your future!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marie Brennan's work is so good, hope you enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!