Thursday, June 23, 2011

ARC Review: Savor the Danger by Lori Foster

Savor the Danger
Author: Lori Foster
Publication: HQN Books; Original edition (June 28, 2011)


Description: She may be aloof, and more pretty than gorgeous, but Alani Rivers is the kind of woman a hot-blooded mercenary can't forget, no matter how hard he tries. So when Jackson Savor wakes up next to the naked, sleeping beauty—with no memory of what happened— he knows he's been drugged…even if Alani doesn't.


After she was kidnapped, Alani vowed never to trust another man again. Still, something about this strong, sexy hero with the tender touch makes her want to believe him. As Jackson hunts down a mysterious intruder, he swears he'll move heaven and earth to keep Alani safe. But what really happened that night? And will the truth bring them closer than they ever thought possible—or put Alani squarely in harm's way again?


My Thoughts: If you are looking for sexy romantic suspense with hot heroes and intrepid heroines this book will fit the bill. The series began with Alani be rescued from human traffickers by her brother's friend and partner Dare. Now Alani is rebuilding her life. Jackson, another one of her brother's partners, is pursuing her romantically. He doesn't see her as a sister.


The story begins with Jackson waking up in bed with Alani and with no memory of the previous day. Since this is their first sexual encounter, Alani is hurt by what she sees as his indifference. But Jackson isn't daunted. He is determined to further his relationship with Alani which he, as a typical alpha male, first sees as only sexual. 


The action ramps up quickly as it becomes clear that someone is targeting either Jackson, Alani, or a young woman that Jackson had previously rescued from human traffickers - Arizona. We get a chance to see Dare and Molly and Trace and Priss again in this story too. 


I enjoyed the nonstop action in this book. I also enjoyed watching Alani and Jackson work on developing an honest relationship. The sex scenes were hot but not gratuitous. The danger was well-done and the evil villain - though a little over the top - was well-done too. 


I recommend this series of romantic suspense novels and really hope that Ms. Foster has a book about Arizona in the works too. 
Favorite Quote:
They were men who smiled while squaring off with danger, men who didn't flinch when put to the test, men who, without a single second of hesitation, would protect others with their own lives.

They were good men.

They were scary men.
I got the eARC from NetGalley. You can get your copy here at Amazon.


2 comments:

  1. My review of Trace of Fever goes up tomorrow. it didn't send me over-the-top, but I am really interested in reading Jackson and Alani's story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got Savor yesterday in the mail! I love me some Jackson so can't wait to read it :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!