Sunday, July 8, 2012

Stacking the Shelves (July 8, 2012)



Tynga of Tynga's Reviews is starting a new meme to spotlight the books we receive each week. She explains at her site. She also does a very nice vlog each week showing her books.


I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets. You will also discover lots of great blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.


Here is what I got this week. First, the books I have for review are:
Immortally Yours by Angie Fox. I was contacted by the author and then sent this eARC by the publisher. It will be published on Aug. 28. I am not sure how to describe it but it has gods and demi-gods fighting a war and our human medic heroine sees ghosts.

I got Cast in Peril by Michelle Sagara from Harlequin Luna via NetGalley. It will be published on Sept. 18 and is the latest (book 8) in the Chronicles of Elantra series which I love. 
Tears of the Jaguar by A. J. Hartley and The Last Victim by Karen Robards are my two most recent picks from the Amazon Vine Program. 

Tears of the Jaguar releases on Sept. 4. Here is the description:
Six months ago, museum curator Deborah Miller had never heard of Ek Balam, an obscure Mayan archaeological site known for its carved figures. Now here she is, having traded Atlanta’s urban jungle for a remote village in Mexico’s Yucatan, tasked with overseeing Ek Balam’s excavation. But when a sudden rainstorm causes a partial collapse at the site, an unexpected treasure is unearthed: a collection of rough-cut rubies hidden from the world for hundreds of years—and very out-of-place in the Yucatan. It is a find of immeasurable value, one that Deborah vows to protect—and yet is powerless to prevent from being stolen soon after its discovery. Determined to retrieve the stones, she sets out to trace their complex history across four centuries and two continents, from Mexico to northern England where the jewels once played a harrowing role in the Lancashire witch trials of 1612. But Deborah is not the only one searching for the stones; close on her heels are archaeologists, occultists, and one very determined arms dealer, all of whom will stop at nothing, not even murder, to claim the prize for themselves.
The Last Victim will be released on Aug. 7 and is the story of a psychiatrist who specializes in serial killers and who also sees ghosts working on a case with the FBI that mirrors the crime she was a witness to when she was only 17.

I bought a couple of books this week too.
Elfhome by Wen Spencer is the third book in a series that started with Tinker in 2003 and continued with Wolf Who Rules in 2006. I have been waiting for this book since 2006! It is urban fantasy.

I also bought Grave Memory by Kaylana Price which is the third in the Alex Croft series. I have not yet read the first two but they are on my TBR mountain. I have read and enjoyed her other series about a cat shifter turned vampire. 

Those were my additions to TBR mountain. What did you get?


5 comments:

  1. OOh nice! Seen some of these around, hope you enjoy them all!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know these titles at all.
    http://booketta.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/what-postman-brought.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many books! I still have to start the Alex Croft series! And hah, Immortally Yours sounds like a good old PNR! He even has a tattoo! *grin* No, but seriously, I've been searching for more "down-to-earth" PNR novels these last few weeks, but it seems that there can't simply be some vampires or shifters or so, it's gotta be moooooore. :'D

    Anyway, happy reading!

    Patricia // My Week & Haul

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cast in Peril??? I'm so jealous! I love the Chronicles of Elantra! Grave Memory is a book I have seen more today and I am going to order book 2 soon. I enjoyed Grave Witch, but someone never got around to ordering the sequel.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of any of these books but they all sound pretty awesome so I hope you enjoy them all! :)

    Check out my Stacking the Shelves!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!