Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Teaser Tuesday: Not Quite Dating by Catherine Bybee

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

This week my teaser comes from Not Quite Dating by Catherine Bybee. I got this ARC from Amazon Vine and it sounds like a good romance. Here is the description:
Waitress and single mom Jessica “Jessie” Mann is practical to a fault. Even if she had time to date, which she doesn’t, she’d be determined to provide her son with a more secure upbringing than the one she had—and that would mean a husband with big bucks. When Jack Morrison—a sexy-as-sin, seemingly broke customer with a cowboy hat and a seductive grin—tries to flirt with her, she shoots him down. She doubts a carefree dreamer like Jack can provide the financial stability she needs. Yet with Christmas just weeks away, and Jessie not wanting to spend it alone, the charming Texan is proving hard to resist.
As the heir to the Morrison luxury hotel empire, Jack is used to being fawned over. But Jack needs someone who will fall in love with him—not his wealth. He’s set his sights on Jessie, though her hardened heart just might get in the way…To be sure, he conceals his true identity and offers to help Jessie find the rich husband she seeks. But Jack’s daring charade may rob him of the holiday wish he wants most of all…
Teaser:
As if calculated for effect, Jack allowed a slow and delicious smile, complete with dimples, to spread over his face. A smile meant only for her.

Smiles like that should come with a warning label.

22 comments:

  1. Ohhh, sounds like a swoon-worthy guy! Will check out this book!

    Here's my Teaser Tuesdays post this week, from The Redhead Revealed by Alice Clayton. ;-)
    It's also about a guy named Jack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, cute teaser...and I have a feeling she's going to lose her head over this one, despite her best plans....

    Here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha...love that. Sounds like a dangerous smile, for sure. :) Thanks for sharing & stopping by my teasers today! Happy Tuesday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love dimples! Yay! Haha. Thanks for stopping by, Kathy :) Happy Tuesday;)

    Siiri @ Little Pieces of Imagination

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Western Romance! Nice for a rainy day like today! Nice tease/chapter opening.
    Here's mine: Dearest Rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that teaser! This sounds like a book I'd really enjoy.
    My Teaser is from CONFESSIONS OF A PREDATORY LENDER.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who can resist a smile like that? I haven' heard of this one before, it sounds interesting.
    Thanks for dropping by my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mm, what a wonderful teaser!

    Thanks for stopping by my TT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Must have been some smile! Good teaser. Thanks for stopping by earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woo, a smile with dimples...my weakness! Great teaser :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice tease. Haven't heard of this book. Thanks for sharing.

    ai love books

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good one. I'll have to add this book to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohh, I love that teaser! I love the cover too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic teaser! I love smiles like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww, cute teaser!
    Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!