Sunday, August 18, 2013

Stacking the Shelves (August 18, 2013)

Tynga of Team Tynga's Reviews has a meme to spotlight the books we receive each week. Visit her site to check out the linky and see what everyone gets. I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow.

This week I added ten books to my stack.

I bought:
Dragonwriter: A Tribute to Anne McCaffrey and Pern edited by Todd McCaffrey because I have been a fan of McCaffrey's work for years and am interested to see what some other noted authors think about her work and influence.

Her Ladyship's Curse by Lynn Viehl appealed to me because I am becoming a big fan of steampunk.

Biting Bad by Chloe Neill is the latest in her Chicagoland Vampires series. 

I also bought the next five in J. D. Robb's In Death series for my Kindle. These are books 16 through 20 in the series. 

Finally, I received two books for review from the Amazon Vine Program.
I chose Big Girl Panties by Stephanie Evanovich and A Study in Silks by Emma Jane Holloway.

What did you get this week?

15 comments:

  1. Nice haul! I especially like the look of A Study in Silks and Her Ladyship's Curse.

    Here's my Sunday post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2013/08/sundays-weekly-book-recap-31.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like survivor in death,visiting and following you back for Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Study in Silks looks really good! Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    I'm an old follower :)

    Dee @ Dee's Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got "Big Girl Panties" too. I just haven't read it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I want to read Big Girl Panties! Anyways thanks for stopping by my blog!
    I'm a new follower now!:)

    Marii @ The Words Written

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping at my blog!
    Looks like you got lots of goodies this week too. I want to read Big Girl Panties as well. I think I'll wait to see what you think of it first.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got a mailbox full of books by authors that I've been meaning to get to - and just haven't. J.D. Robb, Stephanie Evanovich and Chloe Neill! Big Girl Panties looks like a lot of fun and I've heard Evanovich has a great sense of humor, I really need to get to these authors :D

    I hope you love your books and have a great week :D

    Thanks for dropping by MSC! :D

    April @ My Shelf Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Ladyship's Curse looks like a cool book! My co-blogger Kim was currently reading A Study in Silk, hopefully it's good! I do love Sherlock haha.
    Thanks for stopping by Bookmunchies

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great haul. I've yet to read any JD Robb books, though I've heard good things. Enjoy! And thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice haul! I really need to start the Chicagoland Vampires series soon since I've heard that it's fantastic! Happy reading, and thanks for stopping by my post earlier! =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, enjoy Dragonwriter! I reviewed that last week; I really loved it, though I think you pretty much have to be a McCaffrey fan to enjoy it; since you are, I think you'll find it both informative and moving.

    I've got A Study in Silks in my e-ARC pile right now; it looks like a lot of fun. And that pile of J. D. Robb books looks intriguing. I've read some of Nora Roberts's books, but none that she's written as J. D. Robb. Maybe someday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty good haul! Thanks for stopping by my post as well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The In Death series is on my to-read list even though it's not my normal genre - great haul this week and thank you for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I must get Biting Bad! I love that series.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!