Friday, October 19, 2018

Friday Memes: Leverage in Death by J. D. Robb

hHappy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City ReaderThe Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
Thou shalt not kill.

Paul Rogan didn't consider himself a religious man, but that commandment played over and over in his head as she stepped into the lobby. As his wing tips clicked on the polished marble floor, those four words beat inside him.
Friday 56:
A uniform opened the door. "Lieutenant. They're back through the archway to the left."

She could smell the smoke, the blood, the acrid stink of burning -- plaster, wood, flesh.
This week I am spotlighting Leverage in Death by J. D. Robb. This is the 47th book in the In Death series. Here is the description from Amazon:
Lieutenant Eve Dallas puzzles over a bizarre suicide bombing in a Wall St. office building in Leverage in Death, the latest in the #1 New York Times bestselling series from J.D. Robb…

For the airline executives finalizing a merger that would make news in the business world, the nine a.m. meeting would be a major milestone. But after marketing VP Paul Rogan walked into the plush conference room, strapped with explosives, the headlines told of death and destruction instead. The NYPSD’s Eve Dallas confirms that Rogan was cruelly coerced by two masked men holding his family hostage. His motive was saving his wife and daughter—but what was the motive of the masked men?

Despite the chaos and bad publicity, blowing up one meeting isn’t going to put the brakes on the merger. All it’s accomplished is shattering a lot of innocent lives. Now, with the help of her billionaire husband Roarke, Eve must untangle the reason for an inexplicable act of terror, look at suspects inside and outside both corporations, and determine whether the root of this crime lies in simple sabotage, or something far more complex and twisted.

13 comments:

  1. I could almost smell it too!! What a picture that 56 paints! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds intense! Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “BITTER ORANGE”

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! The 47th book! That's awesome! Sounds like a great read. Enjoy! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only read the first couple of books in this series, but it's really good. I just haven't had a chance to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pick! One day I hope to be all caught up with this series!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard amazing things about this series. This one sounds like it is going to be a great instalment to the series. I hope that you enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just got this book and know once I pick it up I will read to the end!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 47th book? I'm so amazed by this alone. Hope you enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 47th book! That's one epic series. Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This book sounds really good. I think I want to curl up with a good murder mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've wanted to try this series, but there are so many it is daunting. Do you think you can jump in and still understand what is happening?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't read a JD Robb book in ages!

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!