Friday, April 26, 2019

Friday Memes: Pit Perfect Murder by Renee George

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City ReaderThe Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
When I was eighteen years old, I came home from a sleepover and found my mom and dad with their throats cut, and their hearts ripped from their chests. 
Friday 56:
He reached down and petted the giant dog's head. "This here is Elvis."

"I thought he left the building."

Parker's blue eyes twinkled. "He's a hunka-hunka burning love."
This week I am reading a recent addition to my TBR mountain. Pit Perfect Murder by Renee George combines many things I like in a book - shapeshifters, cozy mysteries, and rescue dogs. Here is the description from Amazon:
When cougar-shifter Lily Mason moves to Moonrise, Missouri, she wishes for only three things from the town and its human population. . . to find a job, to find a place to live, and to live as a human, not a therianthrope.

Lily gets more than she bargains for when a rescue pit bull named Smooshie rescues her from an oncoming car, and it’s love at first sight. Thanks to Smooshie, Lily’s first two wishes are granted by Parker Knowles, the owner of the Pit Bull Rescue center, who offers her a job at the shelter and the room over his garage for rent.

Lily’s new life as an integrator is threatened when Smooshie finds Katherine Kapersky, the local church choir leader and head of the town council, dead in the field behind the rescue center. Unfortunately, there are more suspects than mourners for the elderly town leader. Can Lily keep her less-than-human status under wraps? Or will the killer, who has pulled off a nearly Pit Perfect murder, expose her to keep Lily and her dog from digging up the truth?

Fall in love with Lily Mason, the shifter who only wants to live as a human, and her pit bull Smooshie, a rescue dog who in the end may be the one doing the rescuing!

9 comments:

  1. How horrifying to find your parents dead with their hearts cut out. Yet the book sounds like it is humorous. How can that be? My Friday Quotes are here

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book looks interesting. Enjoy your current read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed this book. Hope you're liking it! Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had me right from the beginning. :-) I added you to the Linky. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great excerpts! Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the sound of this one and I love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love cozies and one with shape-shifting sounds really interesting! And rescue dogs are always a plus!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds really cool. I'll have to look it up.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!