Monday, September 16, 2019

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (September 16, 2019)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup.

Other Than Reading...

We had a week full of rain and clouds which wouldn't matter usually but I'm super conscious of that kind of day now that we have solar panels on our roof. There were a couple of days when we only made enough power to light a couple of lightbulbs. Our power bill won't be as nice as last month's bill since we produced less than half the power of our weekly average this week.

I had a sort of disturbed reading week this week too. The surprise arrival of a book I requested month's ago on NetGalley had me dropping everything to read it and rearranging my calendar to fit in the review. I ended up reading more than one book at a time because I needed a Kindle read and a print read since Kindle books are a lot more portable than trade paperbacks.

Hopefully, I'll be able to get on track again with my reading this week. I also hope to get out to exercise more often this coming week. A dentist appointment right in the middle of the day on Wednesday and then having to hang around waiting for my house cleaners on Thursday along with pouring rain on Friday kept me home from Curves. However, I did get up to the Mall and walk 5000 steps two days this week.

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)

  • I, Robot: To Preserve by Mickey Zucker Reichert (Mine) - This finishes the prequel to Isaac Asimov's robot books. I enjoyed it. My review will be posted on Oct. 30.
  • Ask Me No Questions by Shelley Noble (Mine) - This historical mystery is the first book in a series. The second is on my review stack. My review will be posted on Oct. 19. 


  • Wild Country by Anne Bishop (Mine) - I chose this one for a reread because I needed a Kindle book while I was waiting for appointments.
  • Archangel's War by Nalini Singh (Review; Sept. 24) - This was a surprise arrival this week months after I requested it at NetGalley. It was another great episode in the Guild Hunters series. My review will be posted on Sept. 24.

Currently


Next Week




Reviews Posted




Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Bought:






Review:


What was your week like?



12 comments:

  1. We had our first rain overnight and into this morning. It's a nice change of pace from the heatwave. My weekly update

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice selection of books. I need to catch up on the Melinda Leigh books. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a lot of really good sounding books here! I started that Maureen Johnson series I think and forgot about it. I need to pick that back up. And The Moor looks good too!

    It seems like everyone had a sort of wonky reading week last week. :) And congrats on the steps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so looking forward to Archangel's War, not that long for me now. It will be interesting to see what her thriller will be like, I'll get it from the library as it's not my genre of choice but still want to try it. Hope the sun shines heaps this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If the weather's bad and I'm killing time before picking up my preschooler, I walk the Mall for exercise too. I prefer when it's quiet, before the stores open. I need to read Wild Country, I love Bishop's books. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh nice! I am SOOOOO behind in Nalini's Guild Hunter series! One day I will get caught up! Lol. Happy Reading!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your books all look good. I hope you enjoy them and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got the new Rachel Caine, but I'm behind one book, so I need to catch up now! I bet you're hyper-aware of sunshine now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A four book week. That's great! Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's been rainy here too and a lot cooler. Definitely feels like fall on the move.

    Love the Shelley Noble cover.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a good mailbox. Enjoy them all and have a good week. We are having heavy monsoon rains in parts of the country, and severe drought in the other part.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great books! I have been trying to increase my steps as well and it's a challenge some days. Have a great week and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!