Monday, April 13, 2020

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (April 13, 2020)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup.

Other Than Reading...

This was another quiet week. I took my brother to his doctor's appointment Tuesday morning but stayed in the car while he had his eye exam. Things are going well and the bubble that is affecting his vision is getting smaller. His next appointment is in August.

I also had an appointment on Friday for the 2nd Shingles shot which got me out of the house for about half an hour. My brother is less faithful to the Stay At Home order. He gets bored and goes driving around or makes a grocery store run. We've been doing some cooking but haven't really tried any new recipes yet. Tomorrow will be turkey. We have a few turkey breasts in the freezer still from Thanksgiving. We also have a small ham but are avoiding it because of the high sodium level in ham. Easter and ham are natural go-togethers for us but turkey is healthier.

Minnesota has extended the Stay At Home until May 4 which is okay with me. Until stores and restaurants reopen, I don't have any good reason to leave home. My county is starting to see some Covid-19 cases. I think we had 39 as of yesterday and 5 deaths - most of elderly people. The latest buzz is that the virus is prevalent in one of our larger assisted living facilities. That's where the person lived who was our county's first death.

I have a gap on my calendar next week and I don't know what I'll be reading. I'll probably be browsing my own TBR shelves and checking my Kindle for books that sound interesting.

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)

  • Murder of Crows by Anne Bishop -- reread the audiobook. My review will be posted on April 21.
  • Vision in Silver by Anne Bishop -- reread the audiobook. My review will be posted on April 28.
  • Marked in Flesh by Anne Bishop - reread the audiobook. My review will be posted on May 12.  


  • Etched in Bone by Anne Bishop - reread of the audiobook. Review posted May 19.
  • Slayer by Kiersten White - Extends the story told in the Buffy the Vampire Slayer television series. My review is linked below.

Currently


Next Week

I don't know yet what I'll be reading. I'll browse TBR mountain to see what catches my eye.

Reviews Posted




Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Bought:


Review:


What was your week like?

16 comments:

  1. We are on a strict curfew with very stringent rules. God help you if you violate the curfew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a little disappointed to see how many people seemed to not be taking to quarantine seriously yesterday. My family canceled our larger Easter gathering, but it seemed like many did not. I fear that will only prolong our current situation.

    I'm currently working on a Mr. Rogers biography. I have fond memories of him as a child, so I'm enjoying it so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully in this area, people are listening.

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear you don’t have too many cases of Covid.

    I live in the Pittsburgh area. We have about 200, but everyone is staying home. Other Southwestern counties have some too.

    We went to the store the other day, and there were NO cars on the road. So happy people are listening.

    Take care, and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Looks like you are getting a lot of reading done �� Glad to hear you are keeping healthy.
    Here in India the number of cases is still small, but increasing daily. I really hope things get better soon ��

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by Colletta's Kitchen Sink! Glad to hear you and your brother are staying safe. It is hard to stay home ALL the time so I understand. We've gone for a few "rides" ourselves. Have a great reading week!

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  6. Around here people seem to be listening to the stay-at- home rules for the most part. Today the rules about masks went into effect and everyone has been sticking to it.

    I hope you have a great week. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's something very eye catching about those Anne Bishop covers - I will have to check those out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh nice! I loved Slayer! I still need to start this Logan and Kate series Kelley wrote. I need to buy the second installment! I was waiting to have them both back to back! Lol.

    Happy Reading this week!


    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Since I live in a senior residential place, even though I am in the independent section, we went on a strict lockdown right away. We fought it at first, still in denial. Now I'm feeling grateful that the staff here took it seriously, as we are all in the vulnerable age group and I always think community living sounds dangerous for infectious diseases. Proximity, etc.

    But so far so good.

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear Covid is showing itself in your area. Hope your cases stay low and of course be safe and healthy!

    I liked Moon Called and would like to read Slayer one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Prayers and fingers crossed the numbers stay low! We go for drives but mostly stay close to home and away from people as much as we can, and we wear our masks.

    I'm glad you had a good Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad you and your brother are both doing well. A reread (or re-listen) of Anne Bishop's books sounds like a great idea, I may copy you! We have five confirmed cases of Covid 19 in our neighborhood (25,000 statewide), which is unsettling, but we're very strict about sheltering at home. Have a great and safe reading week, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's a crazy world out there. And there's some really great books you're reading! Wolf's Curse was fantastic for me! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope things get better soon. It's sad right now in the world.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!