Thursday, August 11, 2022

Audiobook Review: Luna Rising by Sara Snow

Luna Rising
Author:
Sara Snow
Narrator: Meg Price
Series: Luna Rising (Book 1)
Publication: Self-Published (April 17, 2020)
Length: 3 hours and 54 minutes

Description: Xavier Blackwood is the man every girl at my college dreams about at night, myself included, but I'd never let anyone know that.

Standing at 6'8" with steel grey eyes, he's a walking dream, but he's also a world-renowned a-hole.

Who would have thought that one night, after dragging myself home after doing double shifts at the diner, I'd be jumped by three men...only to have Xavier come to my rescue.

Oh yes, Xavier bloody Blackwood saved my life...but the thing I saw, the creature that ripped those men to shreds, wasn't the Xavier everyone knows

He was a wolf, a demon, a creature from myths, and it was the most amazing sh*t I've ever seen until he attacked me, too, and knocked me out

Humans who learn about the existence of werewolves have to die.

There are no exceptions

The werewolf Xavier saved me, but now, I am condemned to death.

To make things worse, both Xavier and Axel claim I am their mate. This can't be good.

My Thoughts: This story is the first in a YA paranormal fantasy series. It stars new college student named Ruby. She's on her own and hoping that college will better her life. She meets a potential new friend in Natalie.

She's only in school for two days before she is attacked leaving her job at a diner and saved by Xavier Blackwood. She'd seen him around campus and would have been attracted to him if he wasn't so sure of himself. Besides, school is her priority. Boys are a very distant second. 

She wakes up and finds out that she has seen werewolves. In fact, Xavier is one. And humans who see werewolves are killed. But for some reason, Ruby is saved even though her life is changed. She can't just go back to her normal life. 

Ruby soon finds out that Xavier is her fated mate. This bites because werewolves never take human mates. It goes against all the rules set by the Council. To make matters more complicated, she also appears to be the mate of Axel who is the alpha-to-be of another pack that really hates Xavier's pack. 

Confusion reigns! But Ruby and Xavier do become closer and she's resigning herself to being his mate. Then she's kidnapped by unknowns. And the story ends...

This is only part of the story which I find annoying. There is no resolution to any part of the story. Natalie is sure that Ruby isn't an ordinary human, but what is she? How can Ruby be the mate of two different werewolves? Who kidnapped her and why?

People who want to get sucked into a five-book series and who love over-the-top teen drama and angst will enjoy this beginning. It is all available as part of the Kindle Unlimited program.

I bought this one. You can buy your copy here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!