Monday, September 26, 2022

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (September 26, 2022)

 It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.


It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup.

Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.

Other Than Reading...

This was a pretty quiet week. For the first week of Fall, the cool temperatures were very fall-like. So were the cloudy, foggy and rainy days. Luckily, I had lots of indoor things to do.

I really stacked up both my review stack and TBR pile this week. There were so many Kindle and BookBub deals that I just couldn't pass up. I also needed the next two books in the Kris Longknife series if I wanted to keep reading it which I do. I also had a chance to get cheap Kindle copies of books I already own in print and might want to reread someday. 

I've been keeping up with my Atlanta Braves baseball team too. They really didn't need the three-game losing streak they had this past week. As I'm writing this on Sunday morning, they are one and one-half game back of the Mets for Division championship. While they have already qualified for the playoffs, I really would like them to win the Division again. Their next game starts at noon today. 

I did some baking and cooking this week. I made a chicken and spinach lasagna which turned out pretty well and has left us lots and lots of leftovers. I also made raisin bran muffins which I haven't made for many years. They turned out to be as good as I remembered and are really handy because the batter can sit in the refrigerator for a couple of weeks until I want more muffins.

This coming week should be mostly quiet. I do have an appointment on Monday for a biopsy which will be done under local anesthesia. There's nothing else on my schedule. 

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)
  • Under a Veiled Moon by Karen Odden (Review; October 11) -- Wonderfully realistic historical mystery with intriguing characters. My review will be posted on October 8.
  • Dashing Through the Snowbirds by Donna Andrews (Review; October 11) -- A cozy Christmas mystery in the long-running Meg Langslow series. My review will be posted on October 11.
  • Changeling by Molly Harper (Mine; Kindle & Audiobook) -- Nice YA fantasy with interesting magic and engaging characters. My review will be posted on October 25.
  • The Belle of Belgrade Square by Mimi Matthews (Review; October 11) -- Nice historical romance with interesting characters and a well-developed setting. My review will be posted on October 11.
  • Santa's Little Yelpers by David Rosenfelt (Review; October 11) -- A Christmas mystery with Rosenfelt's usual snarky hero and engaging plot. My review will be posted on October 12.
  • Kris Longknife: Resolute by Mike Shepherd (Mine since 2008) -- Great space opera starring Kris Longknife. I like the characters and worldbuilding in this series. My review will be posted on October 13.
Currently
Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Review:
Bought:
What was your week like?

11 comments:

  1. Kathy, I always enjoy visiting your blog because of the great variety of books I find here.

    Love seeing all those seasonal titles, no matter the genre, and I grabbed The Last Night in London on sale, too. A Mansion for Murder and An American in Scotland also caught my eye.

    Hope you have a great week.

    https://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2022/09/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-and_0834401775.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reading and baking! Enjoy the rest of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a great reader. Hmm I need to put in a preorder for the Nalini Singh book. Enjoy the cooler temps I am sure you are all happy about that though I guess you get really cold ones too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those Kindle bargains on BookBub and Amazon always lead me down a dark path.

    For the first time, after going to a game in person, I understand why people love baseball!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh nice! Those are mostly new to me reads you have there for the week! Seeing Chloe's book from your list reminded me I need to get that one! I couldn't read it early at the time it was offered but I am anxious to continue the series!

    Happy Reading!


    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, lots of books this week! Great job with all the cooking and baking, too. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The weather has been much the same here- cooler and clouds. Definitely feels fall like!

    I think I bought a Frances brody mystery a while back...

    ReplyDelete
  8. You always have such great books on your list. I want to read them all. Enjoy and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. "...nothing else on my schedule." What a lovely phrase! You sure get a lot of reading in! I haven't read any of the books you're sharing today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of good books...loved THE LAST NIGHT IN LONDON.

    Your lasagna and muffins sound delicious.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah for cooking! And I hope you enjoyed The Final Gambit, Murder at Haven's Rock, and Archangel's Resurrection! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!