Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Audiobook Review: Harbinger by Wen Spencer

Harbinger

Author:
Wen Spencer
Narrator: Tanya Eby
Series: Elfhome (Book 5)
Publication: Audible Studios (October 18, 2022)
Length: 15 hours and 29 minutes

Description: The long-awaited new entry in Wen Spencer’s popular Tinker series.

The war against the oni heats to a flashpoint even as Tinker learns that the enemy has a dangerous new weapon, the nactka. What’s more, the Stone Clan has sent its most famous warlords, the Harbingers, to take control of the allied war effort. Are these elves friends or foes? Tinker’s newfound baby siblings are up for grabs. The babies, though, are wood sprites and aren’t going to take things lying down. Team Mischief go!

My Thoughts: This audiobook is filled with the preparations for battle with the oni and an enemy who has been waiting for his chance at revenge for thousands of years. 

We get a chance to catch up with most of the players from the earlier books in the Elfhome series including both Tinker and Oilcan, Law, Jane, Tommy, Olivia, and Wolf Who Rules as they are all in various locations preparing for battle with the enemy. Not to mention Tinker's nine-year-old twin sisters and the four siblings who are yet to be born but have been taught to dream walk by the dragon Joy. 

I like the way all of the various plot threads are wound together as each group is doing their own thing to keep Pittsburgh out of the hands of the oni. 

My only complaint is that the story ends on a cliffhanger leaving the fates of most of the characters unresolved. 

I bought this one using and Audible Credit. You can buy your copy here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!