Monday, December 11, 2023

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (December 11, 2023)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup.

Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.

Other Than Reading...

We're still waiting for winter here in my part of Northern Minnesota. We did have a mix of rain and snow yesterday, but the ground is just dusted with snow and warmer temperatures forecast for this week should melt any snow that fell. We had a high temperature of 46 degrees F on Thursday - 10 degrees above average for the date. 

As I am writing this on Sunday morning it is 21F and a very light snow is falling. A high of 29F is predicted. Unfortunately for our bare solar panels, it is supposed to be cloudy until Tuesday. We have made more solar power already in December than we made all of last December. 

I had a quiet week with lots of time for reading and listening. I'm chipping away at my January review copies and have read and scheduled all of my book review posts for December. I have 12 more review books to read for my January calendar. I should also finish the audiobooks of the Amelia Peabody series in January. I have three to go after finished the one I'm listening to now. 

My brother is off work today and tomorrow which will give us time to decorate for Christmas - or not. Last year we never did get around to putting up the tree. We aren't big celebrators here in the Martin household. 

I have all review books on my stack for this week ending with the much anticipated Random in Death which I am very tempted to move to the head of the line. But I will try to be strong and read them in order of the way they'll appear on my calendar. It helps that four of the six on the stack are by authors I've read and enjoyed before. 

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)
  • Naked in Death by J. D. Robb (Audiobook Reread) -- First in the In Death series
  • A Deadly Education by Naomi Novik (Mine since September 29, 2020) -- Great worldbuilding in the magical boarding school story. I liked the characters too. My review will be posted on December 30.
  • Glory in Death by J. D. Robb (Audiobook Reread) -- Second in the In Death series.
  • Immortal in Death by J. D. Robb (Audiobook Reread) -- 3rd in the In Death series
  • The Night Island by Jayne Ann Krentz (Review; January 9) -- Second in the Lost Night Files trilogy. Paranormal Romantic Suspense. My review will be posted on January 2.
  • Death at a Scottish Wedding by Lucy Connelly (Review; January 9) -- Second in series. Main character is an American ER Doctor who moves to Scotland for a new life. My review will be posted on January 2.
  • Rapture in Death by J. D. Robb (Audiobook Reread) -- 4th in the In Death series
  • The Heiress by Rachel Hawkins (Review; January 9) -- Contemporary Gothic Thriller. I really enjoyed this one and was surprised by the twists and turns. My review will be posted on January 4.
  • The Sign of Four Spirits by Vicki Delany (Review; January 9) -- 9th in the Sherlock Holmes Bookshop series has Gemma and friends attending a seance and solving the murder of the psychic. My review will be posted on January 3.
Currently
Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Review:
Bought:
What was your week like?

18 comments:

  1. Ooh nice lineup! Seeing quite a few books I want to read once I get caught up in some of the series! Hawkins, Novik, Yarros...my TBR pile is staring daggers at me through other bloggers. Lol!

    Hope you enjoyed and/or will enjoy all these fantastic reads!


    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have a great list of books here, Kathy! Happy reading ☕📚❄️☃️🩵

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've had most of our decorations up since right after Thanksgiving but the tree won't go up until next weekend. I'm a 2-week max tree person even though we use artificial. Especially with a puppy this year it's going to be an ordeal. You just made me realize I need to read book 2 of the record shop mysteries. I really loved the first one. Have a great week and enjoy the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many great books. I just picked up Rythmn and Clues for review. I love that series and I'm looking forward to it. I hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got Payback in Death (the 57th in the series) sitting right next to me. I started it this weekend and am 1/2 way through it already. I love Eve Dallas and all her friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of good books... amazing you're on track to finish the Amelia Peabody series soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a lot of reading in your future. I hope you discover tons of great books.

    The nice thing about the holidays is there is no wrong way to celebrate them. Praying that whether the tree goes up or not that you have a blessed holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do hope you get a chance to put up a tree if you want (or not, if you don't!) You have so many amazing reads in store for you. Enjoy your week, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's been grey and dreary here. Not unusual, but I miss sunny time. We haven't put our tree up yet either. I'm starting to think why bother!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It’s been rainy most of the week here in Vancouver. We were promised sun today but the fog had other ideas.I hope you get the chance to put up a tree!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of death! I am interested in the Lucy Connolly one, it would be good on audio if the narrator has an Irish accent. Must look it up. Well sounds like you might be getting a bit of winter, good luck with putting up the decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoy your books! It's been winter here for a while, but it's supposed to be in the 50s this weekend, so we're going to walk around and look at Christmas lights. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I may not decorate much either as I plan to visit with my daughter and grandchildren. I don't need any cold weather here. I thought it interesting you've been rereading the In Death beginning books and then will jump to #58. I'll be curious how you like the current style.
    I didn't realize that Barbara Michaels is the same as Elizabeth Peters.
    Happy holiday preparation and Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. BTW- To check "expiring soon" check your Audible library and look for the right hand sign above listen now or remove (which indicates it is a plus title). The phrase appears as "Included until 12/31" in red between the time and "listen now". It takes a while of scrolling. Mine that are expiring seemed to focus on many I added in January 2023. I move them into a collection "Expiring soon" so I can access them to listen.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great looking books! I didn't put up my tree last year, but I did pull out the miniature tree the day after Thanksgiving. That's all I do, however. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Weather here either burning heat or pouring buckets. Very nice list of books.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really like coming late to the #IMWAYR party. I liked reading all your reviews that you have finished (or at least published since last Monday.
    It's really warm here for this time of year too. It pretty much looks like we are going to have a green Christmas. On a positive note, there is snow in the hills. (I know this for a fact since there was white stuff all around when we went out to chop down a Christmas tree) Happy reading this week.
    Also, you really need to read Murderbot!

    ReplyDelete
  18. We only just got cold weather recently, which sucks, but it was so great that we got that long without it! And oh, I could never deny myself an anticipated read! I read it right away when I got my copy of Random in Death, I had to have it, and it was so good! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!