Monday, March 25, 2024

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (March 25, 2024)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.

Other Than Reading...

I had a nice, quiet late winter week. My two doctor's appointments went well and can now be checked off the list until next year. 

My upcoming dental appointment on Tuesday has just gone into the "iffy" category. The weatherbeans have been talking about a significant late winter storm starting later today and lasting through Tuesday. We are supposed to receive between 14" and 19" inches of snow between when I'm writing this on Sunday morning and Tuesday evening. Adding to the excitement will be strong winds and near blizzard conditions tonight through tomorrow noon. Then there will be the possibility of more snow or ice or freezing drizzle or rain through Tuesday evening depending on where you live in Duluth. 

Duluth is an interesting city. It stretches about 26 miles long along the shores of Lake Superior through the harbor and up the St. Louis River. However, it is only about three miles wide at its farthest from the lake. Think of it as a right triangle with the Duluth International Airport at the point of the triangle. It is also a city with quick elevation changes. The airport sits at 1397 feet above sea level. My house sits at 1247 feet above sea level since I'm nearer the airport than downtown. Downtown Duluth is at 626 feet above sea level. Those of us "over the hill" are expecting more snow and more blizzard-like conditions than those who live at the lower elevations. 

Luckily, I don't have to go anywhere during the storm - discounting the possible dentist's appointment. My brother is supposed to work on Monday at 9AM which is also supposed to be the worst part of the storm. He's already thinking about not going even though he drives a Subaru Outback with snow tires. You can't drive if the streets haven't been plowed and you can't see the road because of the blowing snow. 

My plan is to read and listen and watch Braves baseball. They start things for real on Thursday but have a couple of Spring Training games that I can watch earlier in the week.

Read Last Week
  • Apprentice in Death by J. D. Robb (Audiobook reread) -- In Death Book 43
  • Death in the Details by Katie Tietjen (Review; April 9) -- Post WWII mystery starring a widow who creates the field of crime scene investigations. My review will be posted on April 4.
  • A Body at the Dance Hall by Marty Wingate (Review; April 8) -- Third Ladies Murder Club Mystery set in London 1922. My review will be posted on April 4.
  • Echoes in Death by J. D. Robb (Audiobook reread) -- In Death Book 44
  • Hello, Darkness by Sandra Brown (Mine since August 18, 2009) -- Romantic suspense starring a Late Night DJ and a police psychologist. When she gets a disturbing call, she contacts the police where she reconnects with a man from her past as they two try to track down a potential murderer who has her in his sights. My review will be posted on April 6.
  • Secrets in Death by J. D. Robb (Audiobook reread) -- In Death Book 45
  • Dark in Death by J. D. Robb (Audiobook Reread) -- In Death Book 46
  • Leader of the Pack by David Rosenfelt (Mine since November 2, 2022) --Andy Carpenter Book 10. My review will be posted on April 9.
Currently
Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Review:
Bought:

None

What was your week like?

7 comments:

  1. It is hard waiting for things...but good if you don't have to go anywhere. Your books look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked up Duluth to see exactly where on the map. That sounds like a lot of snow and you certainly wouldn't want to be out in it. You sure get through a lot of books. Enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For goodness sakes! That's a lot of snow coming! I'm glad you will be able to stay home and stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That's a lot of snow! Despite being in the Midwest we don't really see too much of it. Usually just a dusting or an inch or two. But no matter a dusting or 1 inch, everyone runs out to the grocery store for their French Toast supplies! Lol. I mean, if we were up north, I'd totally understand needing to stock up on that, but not here!

    I'm hoping to get back to Kelley's books next month, at least one of them I'm telling myself. And I STILL need to read the final book of Kelly Meding's series. I think she self-published it a few years back and it's been on my kindle ever since!

    Happy Reading!


    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had some long, drawn out dentist appointments that required multiple visits. Glad that time has not come around again for me. Hope things go well on your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went to Duluth in 2008. I watched the sunrise over Lake Superior. It was so beautiful. That was in June. I'm sure it's much different in the winter/early spring. Lol. Have a great week and stay cozy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to go back to the Flavia De Luce series! It's been a long time since I read one of those books

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!