It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.
It’s Monday! What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.
Other Than Reading...
Other Than Reading...
This was another nice quiet summer week. My brother and I went out to eat on Wednesday evening to use a coupon I had gotten from Texas Roadhouse. I'll finish my steak leftovers for dinner today. Otherwise, I spent a lot of time reading review copies, listening to audiobooks, and watching Braves baseball.
This coming week will be busier. I have doctor's appointments Monday and Tuesday. Then the week goes quiet again. My appointment Tuesday is with my dentist. I really expect to be sent home unseen since my chronic cough is still very much present which may make cleaning my teeth difficult if not impossible. We are also thinking about going to Olive Garden for dinner this week but haven't made firm plans yet.
It took a couple of days into August, but I have finally gotten my review stack under 40. It is sitting at 39 as I'm writing this. I read five review copies this week and added three. I also added two audiobooks to my stack which join their Kindle copies. One has already been read and the second is on the stack for this week.
July Report
I read 39 books this month. Twenty were mine and nineteen were review copies. Eighteen of the books I read this month were audiobooks for a total of a bit over 197 hours. This month most of the books I read came from my TBR mountain and my review stack. Only two of the books I read this month were rereads.
I added 26 books to my LibraryThing account in July. Nine were audiobooks and eleven were review copies. I used five Audible credits. Five of my new additions are still on the TBR pile and are also on my calendar.
Here is my State of the Stack post which helps me keep track of my review books. I didn't quite make my July goal of getting under 40 review books on my stack. The review stack is sitting at 41 books. I still have twelve September releases to finish even though I have already read four. I have another twelve on the October pile and eleven on the November pile.
Read Last Week
Currently
Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?
Review:
Read Last Week
- Until She Dies by Kendra Elliot (Review, September 8) -- Next in the Noelle Marshall series. My review will be posted on August 27.
- The Long Call by Ann Cleaves (Audiobook, Mine since July 21) -- First in the Matthew Venn mystery series. My review will be posted on August 26.
- The Shattered King by Charlie N. Holmberg (Audiobook, Mine since July 21) -- First in an epic fantasy duology. My review will be posted on August 28.
- The Chase by Felix Francis (Review, September 8) -- Classis Dick Francis mystery. My review will be posted on September 1.
- Back to the Garden by Laurie R. King (Audiobook Reread) -- First in the Raquel Liang series.
- Those Who Are Gone by Laurie R. King (Review, September 8) -- Second book in the Raquel Liang series. My review will be posted on September 1.
- The Heron's Cry by Ann Cleaves (Kindle mine since May 28, Audiobook mine since July 28) -- Second Matthew Venn mystery. My review will be posted on September 4.
- Fighting Edge by Margaret Mizushima (Review, September 8) -- Next in the Timber Creek K-9 mystery series. My review will be posted on September 2.
- Fury in Death by J. D. Robb (Review, September 8) -- Excellent entry in the In Death series. My review will be posted on September 3.
- The Mystic and the Missing Girl by Vikki VanSickle (Review, September 8)
- Golden in Death by J. D. Robb (Audiobook reread)
- A Field Guide to Death & Deceit by Michelle L. Cullen (Review, September 15)
- The Case of the Christie Conspiracy by Kelly Oliver (Audiobook, mine since June 14)
- A Deadly Entanglement by Cathy Pegau (Review, September 15)
- I Am the Monster Under the Bed by Emily Zinnikas (Review, September 15)
- The Case of the Body on the Orient Express by Kelly Oliver (Audiobook, mine since June 14)
- Lily Starling and the Voyage of the Salamander by Christian Hurst (Kindle mine since May 13; Audiobook mine since July 31)
- The Night Island by Jayne Ann Krentz (Audiobook)
- Probable Caws by Donna Andrews (Review copy)
- Death on the Books by Victoria Gilbert (Review copy)
- A Trade of Blood by Robert Jackson Bennett (Review copy)
- Time Travel for Beginners by Jaclyn Moriarty (Review copy)
- (Mostly) Human Resources by Grace Viall (Review copy)
Review:
- Written in Starlight by Sloane Brooks (Review, October 13)
- Sunflower Season by Danica Nava (Review, November 3)
- Thunderbird Ranch by Laura Griffin (Review, November 10)
Bought:
- Lily Starling and the Voyage of the Salamander by Christian Hurst (Audible Plus)
- The Heron's Cry by Ann Cleaves (Audible Credit)












No comments:
Post a Comment
I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.
This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.
Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!