It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.
It’s Monday! What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.
Other Than Reading...
Other Than Reading...
This was a quiet week. School started for Minnesota K-12 students and the colleges had move-in days. We finally got some rain which came with thunderstorms. Looks like the Labor Day weekend will be nice for those camping or otherwise celebrating though.
By accepting one new review copy and reading three already on my stack, I've finally managed to get the stack under 40 books. I have 39 current review copies with a few scheduled for reading this week. I did turn down three email requests. Two were for books with short turnarounds and didn't sound interesting enough to rework my calendar for. The third was for a book I already had on my stack.
This week should be a quiet one. I do have a dentist appointment on Thursday but no other appointments. I should be able to fit a lot of reading in around watching my Atlanta Braves play baseball.
August Report
I read 34 books in August. Twenty-three were mine and eleven were review copies. Of the 23 that were mine, all were audiobooks with Kindle copies too. Eleven were from my TBR pile while twelve were rereads. I spent 257 hours listening to audiobooks in August.
I added 32 books to my LibraryThing account in August. Twelve were new review copies. Ten were audiobooks most with accompanying Kindle copies. I used four Audible credits. Nine of my new additions are still on my TBR pile.
Thus far in 2026, I have added 248 books to my LibraryThing collection including 118 review copies and 75 audiobooks. For the year through August, I have read 275 books including 107 review copies and 146 audiobooks.
I still have 19 2026 additions on my TBR pile. Of the 19, four are audiobooks and fifteen are Kindle copies. I may add the audiobooks for the ones that are currently only Kindle copies when their spots come up on my calendar since I really enjoy audiobooks.
Read Last Week
Currently
Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?
Review:
- Encore in Death by J. D. Robb (Audiobook Reread)
- Payback in Death by J. D. Robb (Audiobook Reread)
- The Vanished Sister by Sherry Thomas (Review, September 29) -- Latest in the Lady Sherlock Historical Mystery series. My review will be posted on September 29)
- Cursed City by Kate Golden (Review, September 29) -- Second book in the Harker Academy Urban Fantasy series. My review will be posted on September 23.
- Slightly Shady by Amanda Quick (Audiobook, Mine since August 19) -- Historical mystery/romance set in the Victorian Era. My review will be posted on September 25.
- Random in Death by J. D. Robb (Audiobook reread)
- Where There's Smoke by Rachel Louise Adams (Review, October 6) -- Contemporary mystery set in Wisconsin starring a forensic pathologist. My review will be posted on September 29.
- The Case of the Body on the Orient Express by Kelly Oliver (Kindle & audiobook, Mine since June 14)
- Dive Bar at the End of the Road by Kelley Armstrong (Review, October 6)
- Passions in Death by J. D. Robb (Audiobook reread)
- The Astral Library by Kate Quinn (Kindle & Audiobook, mine since July 8)
- The Lady Jewel Diviner by Rosalie Oakes (Kindle, Mine since July 20)
- Jay to the World by Donna Andrews (Review, October 13)
- Written in Starlight by Sloane Brooks (Review, October 13)
- Home for the Homicides by Elle Cosimano & Hannah Morrissey (Review, October 13)
- Please Enjoy Your Stay by Tara Goedjen (Review, October 13)
- The Chase by Felix Francis (Review copy)
- Those Who Are Gone by Laurie R. King (Review copy)
- The Heron's Cry by Ann Cleeves (Audiobook)
- Fighting Edge by Margaret Mizushima (Review copy)
- Fury in Death by J. D. Robb (Review copy)
- The Mystic and the Missing Girl by Vikki VanSickle (Review copy)
Review:
- The Killing Time by Elly Griffiths (Review, November 17)
Bought:
- Within the Sanctuary of Wings by Marie Brennan (Kindle, Kindle Rewards)
- Dragon Blood by Eileen Wilks (Kindle, Kindle Rewards)
- The Inheritance by Ilona Andrews (Audiobook, $5.18)












No comments:
Post a Comment
I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.
This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.
Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!