Monday, March 2, 2009

Thing 27: Twitter

I still don't get it! Why would anyone want to Twitter? Yes, twittering is everywhere. Heard it on the news. Saw it in the Senate Chambers. However, when senators are doing it during a Presidential speech, twittering has gone too far.

I read the materials. I watched the videos. I even saw someone's powerpoint presentation. I still can't see the value here. I don't care what person X is doing right now. I don't have time to sit at my computer and read frequent trivial messages.

The Best Tweets Include:

Recommended links.
Images and videos to share.
Something worth replying to and having a conversation over. ( see How to Use Replies above)
Something worth retweeting. (Avoiding 1-sided conversations)
Announcements about upcoming events.
Valid sources of information.


I don't think that any of the items on the list above from the Thing description are necessarily of immediate interest or importance. Finding out in a blog or an email would almost certainly be just as useful.

I don't have a cell phone mainly because I don't want to be in constant contact with anyone.

Call me a Luddite -- but this Thing really baffles me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!