Monday, March 23, 2009

Thing 32: Google Maps and My Maps


View Larger Map

Here is my first try at creating a My Map in Google Maps. I plan to add some pictures of scenic parts of my walk later. I'll take my camera along on my next walk.

One really nice feature is that it tracks the distance. I have often wondered how far I was walking.

I can see a number of applications for students for this one. The 6th graders plan a Minnesota trip each year. It would be nice if they could make a map of their trip and include pictures of the parks and restaurants that they plan to visit.

Another use would be to make a map of a book. The new 39 Clues books would seem to be great candidates for this tool.

1 comment:

  1. Nice map. I am working on my map and will hopefully post it later today. I also like your idea of mapping a school trip. My son's grade is also taking one in May. I think I will suggest this to the tech teacher.
    Annettecb

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!