Sunday, April 26, 2009

Thing 33: Travel 2.0

I am an armchair traveler at best. Actually, I do almost all my travelling through the pages of a book. I enjoyed looking at the variety of sites in this Thing but I didn't feel any urge to pack my bags and buy tickets.

I can see how the various sites would be useful to travellers and to those who want to be travellers. This is a useful sort of social networking. However, everyone's experiences would be different and "advice" should be taken with a grain of salt.

I did find the hotspotr site useful on my last trip to Duluth when I needed a wireless spot to feed my need to be online.

I will need to do more thinking to find a use for these sites with my students. Nothing springs immediately to mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!