Monday, November 30, 2009

Cyberbullying and Other Internet Safety Movies


My sixth grade students and I are studying internet safety and cyberbullying. We have taken part in the FBI-SOS Internet Safety Challenge and I have to brag. My sixth graders came in first in the state of Minnesota and fifth in the nation in the November contest. I'm very proud of the hard work they did.


Now we are taking what we learned and using xtranormal to make internet safety movies. The students have had a chance to play with this site and are enjoying the chance to make movies. 

I have made a quick sample to show the students some ideas.




The students are working in pairs to write their scripts and make their movies. When all the movies are finished, each class will vote on the two that they think are best and I will put them on our class web page.
Here is my sample:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!