Saturday, November 21, 2009

In My Mailbox Nov. 21

There were additions to my massive TBR pile in my mailbox this week.

I got these to read and donate to my HS Media Center.



Dragon Slippers by Jessica Day George
Crocodile Tears: An Alex Rider Novel by Anthony Horowitz
Betrayals by Lili St. Crow

Crocodile Tears went right to school. I am a few books behind in the series and I have eager male readers who really want this one.

I will be reading the other two because I am caught up on those series. I hope to get a lot of reading done during our Thanksgiving Break. I already have most of my Christmas shopping done and can avoid the stores on Black Friday.

I also got some new adult books:


Torch of Freedom by David Weber
Blood Game by Iris Johansen
The Queen in Winter (because it contains a story by Sharon Shinn)

I got Blood Game and The Queen in Winter through Amazon Marketplace. The two of them cost less for new "used" books than the Weber book. I should have waited for the Weber but I really want to see where this story arc is going.

I also added a book that I recall fondly to my shelves this week after being reminded about it on one of the LibraryThing groups that I follow.

I am a big fan of The Sherwood Ring which is also by Elizabeth Marie Pope. The group says this one is even better. I know that I had read it in the past but didn't own a copy. Now I will have a chance to see if I like The Perilous Gard as well as I liked The Sherwood Ring. And it only cost $5.99 for the hardcover. I really like Amazon Marketplace!

This has been a sort of slow reading week for me. I finished Nora Roberts' Bed of Roses and Shannon Hale's Book of a Thousand Days. Now I am deep into Ballad by Maggie Stiefvater. I should finish it today or tomorrow if I can just get off the computer.

5 comments:

  1. A lot of books I havent heard about yet! Enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just about all of those books are new to me, thanks for posting about them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, Betrayals. Great mailbox. How about a copy of FALLEN by Lauren Kate for your library.

    Drop by and enter my giveaway.

    http://ellzreadz.blogspot.com/2009/11/giveaway-fallen-by-lauren-kate.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting books, I really need to read Strange Angels so I can get Betrayals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to read Strange Angels! Hope you enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!