Sunday, July 17, 2011

In My Mailbox (July 17, 2011)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.
 
I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets. You will discover lots of great blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.

My mailbox was loaded again this week. My TBR mountain is approaching Mount Everest in size these days. My plans to reduce it during my summer vacation have not yet been realized.


Here are my additions to TBR mountain. Let's start with the free books for my Kindle.
Laurie London's Hidden by Blood was available this week. I haven't read this series but do like vampires.

Einstein's Refrigerator: And Other Stories from the Flip Side of History by Steve Silverman sounded intriguing. I like this sort of anecdotal writing. 

A Proper Companion by Candice Hern was a free Regency Romance. The print copy of this title must be highly collectible. I see that Amazon Marketplace is offering one for $139.60.
I took a look at Amazon's list of the best books of 2011 so far and was intrigued by these two romantic suspense titles.

Face of Danger by Roxanne St.Claire is part of a series. If I like this one, there are at least two more available. 

Breaking Point by Pamela Clare takes romantic suspense to the U.S./Mexican border and has drug cartels. There are also more in this series.
While I am still waiting for my print copy of Ghost Ship by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller, the ebook was released this week and I immediately went to Baen Books to buy it for my Kindle. I read the eARC last Spring and again recently. I love this story!

Grave Dance by Kalayna Price is the second in the Alex Craft series. I have the first on my Kindle but haven't read it yet. I have read Price's other series and really enjoyed it. So I decided to get this one so that I would be ready.
I received a copy of Hard Spell by Justin Gustainis for review this week. As soon as I started it I knew that I had to have anything else he had written. I love his writing style.

Black Magic Woman and Evil Ways are books in the Morris and Chastain Supernatural Investigations series. I am hoping that his style carries over in these urban fantasies too.

That was my mailbox. What did you get in yours?

7 comments:

  1. OOh niiice mailbox! Not too familiar with those titles but hope you enjoy all of them!

    Here's my IMM

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cover of Breaking Point is quite nice ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm right there with you on the TBR mountain. My once TBR shelf is now a bookcase and I have books in every open space.


    Paranormal Haven

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Breaking Point--but then, I'm a big fan of her I-Team books.
    Ditto Kalayna Price's first series. I LOVED it and I can't wait for Third Blood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that cover boy abs ;P

    Hidden Blood looks good. Enjoy these good reads.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read any of those, but they all look pretty good! I hope you enjoy what you got! Here's My IMM if you want to check it out! Happy reading!

    -Jessica (Peace Love Books)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice mailbox this week. I really need to start the Alex Craft series.
    Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!