Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: A Lawman's Christmas by Linda Lael Miller

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

I was recently sent a copy of A Lawman's Christmas by Linda Lael Miller for review. This is the 14th in the McKettrick series and takes place in Texas in 1914. I like Miller's style and was in the mood for a romance. So this one moved to the top of my review stack.

Teaser:
Dara Rose. Clay smiled slightly at the reminder of the fiery little woman who'd burst through the door of that shack a couple of hours before when he'd showed up with Edrina, stormed through a flock of cacophonous chickens, and let him know, in no uncertain terms, that she wasn't at all glad to see him.
Thus does Clay first see the woman who will be his love interest. He is looking for a wife and family; she has other things on her mind -- like survival and caring for her two young daughters..

2 comments:

  1. Yippee!! This one was already on my list ;}

    My teaser this week is from ‘Imitation In Death’ by J. D. Robb

    Have a terrific week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All that to tell him she didn't want to see him? Wondering what the story behind that's about! ;) Great teaser!

    Here's my teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!