Sunday, December 18, 2011

In My Mailbox (Dec. 18, 2011)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.
 
I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets. You will discover lots of great blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.



I only bought one book this week but somehow my TBR mountain grew by six books. I received these for review from their authors:
Amongst My Enemies by William F. Brown was sent to me because I had reviewed one of his earlier books - The Undertaker. This is an international suspense thriller with a sunken German U-Boat filled with "millions in gold bars, stolen art, and a secret that could tear NATO apart." It sounds good.

Blood and Bullets by James R. Tuck is the start of new urban fantasy series with a male main character that will be published by Kensington in February.

Adding still more to my Kindle, I got these:
Obligations of a Cobalt Hue by Amber D. Sistla is a epic fantasy novel that was free this week. 

Blood Wager by Connie Suttle was the book I bought this week. I am an Amazon Prime customer and could have borrowed it for free but I chose to pay the $.99 instead. I heard about this one on Ilona Andrews' blog. She was talking about the perils of self-published books that resonated with me but said this one was a gem and not a lump of coal. 

I also got a couple more books by Paul Levine in his Lassiter series since they were free this week. I recently read his latest - Lassiter - and liked it enough that I thought I would read his backlist someday. The price was right to add these to my Kindle this week. 
Fool Me Twice by Paul Levine (6th in the series)
Mortal Sin by Paul Levine (4th in the series)


That is what I got in my mailbox (actually they were all Kindle books) this week. What did you get?

4 comments:

  1. OOh nice! Those are all new to me but I hope you enjoy all of them Kathy!

    Here's my IMM

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amongst enimies looks really good! Hope you enjoy!
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blood Of Bullets looks interesting because of the male main character. That doesn't seem to happen too often.


    Paranormal Haven

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice haul! It's funny how our piles grow sometimes. Which are you reading first?
    Obligations of a Cobalt Hue has a gorgeous cover!
    -Jenna @ Fans of Fiction (new follower)

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!