Friday, February 10, 2012

Book Beginning & Friday 56: Witchful Thinking by H. P. Mallory

Happy Friday everybody!!

Book Beginnings

Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Katy at A Few More Pages 
Anyone can participate; just share the opening sentence of your current read, making sure that you include the title and author so others know what you're reading. 
If you like, share with everyone why you do, or do not, like the sentence.

The Friday 56
Rules:
  • Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
  • Turn to page 56.
  • Find the fifth sentence.
  • Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of Freda's Voice
  • Post a link along with your post back to Freda's Voice
Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.


I just grabbed Witchful Thinking by H. P. Mallory from my review stack. It is the third in the Jolie Wilkins series. I have just read the first one but a couple of reviews I have looked at indicated that I would be caught up on the events of the second book in the course of reading this one. I got this book through the Amazon Vine program. The first two books were self-published but this one is coming out from Bantam on Feb. 28.

Beginning:
"So, no more ghostly encounters?" Christa, my best friend and only employee, asked while leaning against the desk in our front office.
Friday 56:
Because the truth of the matter was that I had no right to wear it.
She's talking about Rand's mother's ring and I have no idea why she is wearing it and can't wait to get to page 56 to find out.

5 comments:

  1. If she knows she shouldn't wear her ring, I wonder why she out it on.... great 56.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good quotes, and I really like the title and cover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reminds me of Bewitched the tv show! So much fun. You must tell us why she was wearing that ring!! :)

    Here's mine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like hearing about self-published authors getting book deals -- self publishing is really shaking things up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cover and the book looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!