I keep track of my reading on a Google spreadsheet. You can see all the details here. I finished 18 books in January with a total of 5014 pages. I also spent 8-10 hours listening to my first full length audio-book - Glow by Amy Kathleen Ryan. I read along in the book as I listened for quite a bit of it so I counted the pages of the book in my total. I read 8 young adult books and 10 adult books this month. I read a total of twelve review books.
My favorite young adult books this month were
- Daughter of the Centaurs by Kate Klimo (I got the ARC from Amazon Vine)
- Forbidden by Syrie James and Ryan James (I got a finished copy from Wunderkind PR)
My favorite adult books were
- Copper Beach by Jayne Anne Krentz (She is an auto-buy for me no matter what name she writes under)
- Spin by Catherine McKenzie (This was also an Amazon Vine pick)
I declared 2012 my personal Year of the TBR but somehow only read 3 books that qualified as TBR. They were
- Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble by H.P. Mallory
- Dreamland by Alyson Noel
- A Werewolf in Manhattan by Vicki Lewis Thompson
The other half of the equation on lowering the TBR mountain has to do with the number of books that arrive at my house each month. I keep track of every book I get in my LibraryThing account. In January 2012 69 books came into my house. I got 40 young adult books and 29 adult books. 48 of the books that arrived this month are still on the TBR pile.
Young Adult highlights included the whole Young Wizards series by Diane Duane for my Kindle. I already have and have read the print copies of the books. In all I added 34 books to my Kindle including four free ones. I also added 15 books to my Review stack this past month.
I have to consider the intake part of my quest to lower the TBR Mountain to be an epic fail. I hope to get fewer books next month so that I can really see a reduction in my TBR stack (according to LibraryThing, it is 1252 books tall right now).
Do you keep track of what you get and what you read? How are you doing on your 2012 goals?