Friday, November 16, 2012

Friday Memes: Vlad All Over by Beth Orsoff

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

This week I am spotlight Vlad All Over by Beth Orsoff. I received this ARC for review from Amazon Vine. Here is the description:
Gwen Andersen loves being a schoolteacher, but she isn’t exactly raking in the big bucks. With her bank account shrinking by the minute, she needs a well-paying summer job if she’s going to hold onto the childhood home she inherited from her parents. So when the father of one of her students asks her to fill in as his au pair for the summer, she knows she should be thrilled. Alexander Romanescu is loaded, and Gwen adores his daughter Isabella. Plus, they’re planning to spend the vacation at their ancestral estate—in Romania!

And yet Gwen can’t shake the nagging feeling that saying yes to this man could lead to more than she bargained for. She knows so little about him—and the idea of spending six weeks in the land of Dracula and Vlad the Impaler is more than a little creepy. But the legends of Romania will be the least of her concerns if she doesn’t make some money…fast. And so Gwen says yes: yes to the job, yes to a European excursion…and yes to a summer that will change her path forever.

With her trademark crackling dialogue, exotic locations, and knack for realistic characters, women’s fiction author Beth Orsoff delivers an engrossing tale of love, intrigue, and betrayal. This is not your typical chick lit tale. This is something new. This is gothic chick lit.
While I normally avoid chick lit, I chose this one because I have been a school teacher for many years and nothing exciting has ever happened to me.

Beginning:
"You're not wearing that, are you?" Zoe asked as I opened my front door. 
Friday 56:
"Aspirin?" she asked.

"Already packed."

"I meant where are they? All this repacking is giving me a headache."

6 comments:

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!