Sunday, November 11, 2012

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? (Nov. 13, 2012)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is a meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.


Here is what I read:
Dead Girl Moon by Charlie Price was a young adult mystery that suffered by having an unlikable main character but was redeemed by having very likable secondary characters. It was a better character study than a mystery though. My review is here.

Archangel's Storm by Nalini Singh was the latest in her Guild Hunters series and featured the romance between Jason, who is Archangel Raphael's spymaster, and Mahiya, who is the niece of Archangel Neha. The story had a strong romance and advanced the story arc of the series. My review is here.
I also finished Will Sparrow's Road by Karen Cushman. I got this middle grade historical fiction novel from Amazon Vine and enjoyed the story. My review will be posted on Nov. 15.
I am currently reading Dangerous Waters by Toni Anderson. This is a romantic suspense title that I also received from Amazon Vine.

Here is what is on the review stack for the rest of November.
Mystic City by Theo Lawrence is a YA from Amazon Vine which was released on Oct. 9

Miss Fortune Cookie by Lauren Bjorkman is a YA from Macmillan which will be released on Nov. 13.
Vlad All Over by Beth Orsoff is an adult Amazon Vine book which will be released on Nov. 20.

Kept by Shawntelle Madison is a NetGalley book which will be released on Nov. 27.
The Forsaken by Lisa M. Stasse was a YA sent to my by the author for review. It was released on July 10.

Vessel by Sarah Beth Durst is another YA sent to me by the author. It was released on Sept. 11.
Running Wild by Linda Howard and Linda Jones is an adult book I got at NetGalley. It will be released on Nov. 27.

Federation: The First 150 Years by David A. Goodman will be a coffee table book complete with lighted stand. (I got a PDF of the content.) It is scheduled for a Dec. 4 release.

I finished up my cleaning out and sorting this week. I just have to make two more trips - one to the Salvation Army with clothes I can't wear and one more to the public library to drop off books for the Friend's next book sale - and I will be mostly finished.

I also discovered way too many stuffed animals but plan to give those away to my students. I think I will be running lots of contests with my young readers until they are all gone.

How was your week? What do have planned for this coming one?

6 comments:

  1. You have had a very industrious week. Enjoy all your reads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You did do very well last week! I still need to read Archangel's Storm myself! Hope you have another awesomely productive week this week!

    Here's my Monday Wrapup

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked Mystic City and would like to read Forsaken!
    Have a great week and Happy reading!
    Here's what I'm reading
    Ashley
    #BookNerd

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am hoping to read Vessel soon too and I am curious about Mystic City. I read an excerpt and thought it was pretty good.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the look of Dangerous Waters....

    I'm glad that you at least enjoyed the secondary characters in Dead Girl Moon. I hate reading a book and despising all the characters!

    Enjoy your week.

    Here's MY MONDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to read your review of Mystic City! I still have to read it. Thanks for stopping by.

    Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!