Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Teaser Tuesday: Dick Francis's Bloodline by Felix Francis

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Dick Francis's Bloodline by Felix Francis has been on my TBR mountain since Nov. 6, 2012. Since I was in the mood for a mystery, I chose it for this week's teaser. Here is the description:
When race caller and television presenter Mark Shillingford calls a race in which his twin sister, Clare, an accomplished and successful jockey, comes in second when she could have won, he believes the worst: that she lost on purpose, and the race was fixed. That night, Mark confronts Clare with his suspicions, she storms off after an argument—and it’s the last time Mark sees her alive. Hours later, Clare jumps to her death from the balcony of a London hotel . . . or so it seems.

Devastated and guilty over her death, Mark goes in search of answers. What had led Clare to take her own life? Or was it not suicide at all?
Teaser:
"Kent Police, sir," said the voice. "Constable Davis." He held out his warrant card.

My skin went cold. Personal calls from the police at this time of night were never good news.

18 comments:

  1. Great teaser! Looks like an interesting read! :D

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dick Francis is one of the authors I enjoy reading - always a good story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mother-in-law is a huge Dick Francis fan. I've never read one of this books, but would love to. Like you, my TBR pile is a monster. Thanks for stopping by The Busy Mom's Daily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are these books as good as the original? Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no this sounds intense! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great teaser! This one sounds good!
    Thanks for stopping by Time2Read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd say a visit from the police at any time isn't good news. Have liked the few Dick Francis books I've read so far, and this sound slike another I should seek out. My teaser: Arabella by Georgette Heyer

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haven't read any Francis, but he's been on my list for along time. Thanks for visiting eyesandearsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never read Dick Francis' books, but this one has my attention. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I have to agree about late night police visits haha. Thank for sharing & stopping by Bookmunchies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. If a policeman showed up at my door in the middle of the night, I think I would have a panic attack. He's right - it's never a good thing. Interesting teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How very true. Police visits are never fun at any time of the day, but night visits always seem worse than day visits.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooo liking this meme!
    and your choice of teaser =)
    bet you're enjoying the rest of the read ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. that was a really great teaser! thanks for visiting my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great teaser, that's quite a tense scenario!

    Thanks for dropping by my blog earlier this week, happy weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Personal calls from police at any time is not good.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!