Sunday, March 30, 2014

Stacking the Shelves (March 30, 2014)

Tynga of Team Tynga's Reviews has a meme to spotlight the books we receive each week. Visit her site to check out the linky and see what everyone gets. I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow.

Review Books:
I got two review books from Amazon Vine this week. 

I chose The Chance by Robyn Carr because I wanted to read a romance but have never read anything by this author. This book was released on Feb. 25.

I also chose The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen. This July 8 debut is supposed to have magic, mystery, adventure and romance. How could I pass it up?

Stack Books:
Two of my favorite authors came out with new books this week. I had to get Shadow Spell by Nora Roberts and Bite Me by Shelly Laurenston. Two very different stories but both equally entertaining!
Having recently had a chance to hear Shannon Hale speak, I became curious about her adult books Austenland and Midnight in Austenland. I had previously avoided these because I am not a big fan of Jane Austen and don't quite understand anyone's fascination with her.
And I couldn't resist a couple of Kindle Daily Deals this week. I got A Matter of Trust by Lis Wiehl one day and Forged in Ash and Forged in Fire by Trish McCallan another day. 

What did you add to your stack this week?

11 comments:

  1. Ohh I have The Chance by Robyn Carr on my TBR list but I don't why I always forget about it. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you got some good ones. I haven't read Robyn Carr or Nora Roberts before. Happy reading!

    SP & STS
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that cover of Austenland! Happy reading and thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are new to me but happy reading! Thanks for stopping by

    Leydy from OUAT & RCE

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also have The Queen of the Tearling. Can't wait to read it!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the first Nora Roberts book in that "Cousins" series, but haven't gotten to it yet. I hope that one and the one you just got is great! I will admit I am not a huge Austen fan either, but those books are contemporary and seem like fun reads, so I will check them out further. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just got Shadow Spell as well. I loved Dark Witch and I was actually surprised because I'm usually not a huge Nora Roberts fan. Great haul. Enjoy every one of them. New follower via GFC.
    Laura
    Here is mine: http://thebooknerd2013.blogspot.com/2014/03/stacking-shelves-march-292014.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome haul and wonderful update! I have already read a few including Bite Me and I loved that book.
    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a nice mix of books. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those Austenland books look really good! Hope you enjoy them all! Happy Reading! Here's my STS if you'd like to stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great books this week. I've heard good things about a number of theses. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!