Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Teaser Tuesday: Shield of Winter by Nalini Singh

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser:
He wondered what Ivy Jane would think of the Arrow about to enter her life, a man who could never again feel anything. Even were it physiologically possible, Vasic had no intention of allowing his Silence to fragment...because behind it lay only a howling madness created of blood and death and endless horror.
This week my teaser comes from Shield of Winter by Nalini Singh. This is the latest in her Psy/Changeling series of urban fantasy/paranormal romance novels. Here is the description:
Assassin. Soldier. Arrow. That is who Vasic is, who he will always be. His soul drenched in blood, his conscience heavy with the weight of all he’s done, he exists in the shadows, far from the hope his people can almost touch—if only they do not first drown in the murderous insanity of a lethal contagion. To stop the wave of death, Vasic must complete the simplest and most difficult mission of his life.

For if the Psy race is to survive, the empaths must wake…

Having rebuilt her life after medical “treatment” that violated her mind and sought to suffocate her abilities, Ivy should have run from the black-clad Arrow with eyes of winter frost. But Ivy Jane has never done what she should. Now, she’ll fight for her people, and for this Arrow who stands as her living shield, yet believes he is beyond redemption. But as the world turns to screaming crimson, even Ivy’s fierce will may not be enough to save Vasic from the cold darkness…

17 comments:

  1. Ooh nice tease! Haven't read this series but love Nalini's Guild Hunter series!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. An intriguing teaser! Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very intriguing! Never read this series so I would have to look it up.

    Thanks for stopping by
    Vonnie's Reading Corner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser! I haven't heard of this series, but I love the cover. Thank you for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Assassin. Soldier. Arrow. Sounds like the protagonist has multiple personalities; I like it! :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my...blood, death & endless horror
    Great teaser!

    Thank you for your visit today.

    http://newhorizonreviews.blogspot.com/2014/07/teaser-tuesdays-is-weekly-bookish-meme.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds intense!
    HapPy Canada Day from your neighbour to the North!
    and, yes, I did post =) come check it out...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great teaser. I know how he feels.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This series is on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy the read...and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice teaser! I love this series of Nalini's.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interesting to get an insight into how he views himself. Great teaser, Kathy and thanks for stopping by Love Bites and Silk.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kathy,

    Whilst this is another book which I wouldn't necessarily choose to read, once again I can appreciate those strong and powerful teaser lines ... A man who could never feel again, his soul drenched in blood, his conscience heavy ... I am so intrigued to know what he has done and seen, that is so horrific!

    Another great share, thanks.

    I appreciate your visit and comment, over at Fiction Books. Please stop by whenever you get the chance, you will always be welcome,

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love, love, love Vasic :) This is one of my favorite series. Thanks for sharing, and thanks for stopping by Shut Up & Read!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!