Monday, June 8, 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (June 8, 2015)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is a meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Other Than Reading...

School's out for the summer! I am on vacation until August 31. I am spending the first few days of my vacation quietly at home. I am gradually packing my gear for my summer up in Duluth. I have a meeting here on Tuesday to learn more about Medicare and then I'll be leaving for the North country.

I am really looking forward to spending time with my brother and doing lots and lots of reading.

Read Last Week
The first two books I read this week were on my Kindle and on my TBR pile. Both are urban fantasy novels that each begin a new series.

Boundary Crossed by Melissa F. Olson stars Lex Luther, Army vet. She gets swept into the paranormal world in Boulder, Colorado, when her infant niece is kidnapped by vampires. My review will be posted on June 24.

House of the Rising Sun by Kristen Painter takes place in New Orleans which is a haven for the fae. However, they are having a vampire problem and Augustine has to give up his laid-back lifestyle and become the new fae Guardian. My review will be posted on June 25.
I dug down on TBR mountain and found Lick by Kylie Scott. This was a great sexy romance and is the first of four books in the Stage Dive series. My review will be posted on June 27.

I also read Minutes to Kill by Melinda Leigh which will be released on June 30. This was an excellent romantic suspense title and is the second book in the Scarlet Falls series. My review will be posted on July 1.

Currently
Hell or High Water by Julie Ann Walker is a review book. It is a romantic suspense title that I got from NetGalley. Thus far I am enjoying the action. I'm a little put off by the many, many euphemisms for sex and sexual organs though.

Next Week
Shards of Hope by Nalini Singh and The Master Magician by Charlie N. Holmberg are both recent additions to my Kindle. They are also the most recent additions to series that I enjoy.

Gone for You by Jayne Frost is a review book that I accepted after an email solicitation. It sounds like a good contemporary romance.

Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?
To see what Young Adult books I have been reading and plan to read, check out Ms. Martin Teaches Media - my other blog.

6 comments:

  1. Woohoo vacation is always something to celebrate, enjoy your trip!

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY you've got some great reading lined up for your vacation ... travel safe, have fun and of course, happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh nice! More new to me reads that I hope you enjoy as well!

    Here's my Monday Wrapup

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The start of summer vacation! My husband made a huge to do list for us. We'll see how much of it gets done. I hope to get to Hell or High Water soon. Interested in Lick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how nice to finally get the summer break and holidays. Hope you enjoy Shards of Hope I thought it a great addition to the series and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah for summer!!

    ENJOY, and have a wonderful visit with your brother.

    ENJOY your lots and lots of reading.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!