Monday, December 21, 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (Dec. 21, 2015)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? was a meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. She has decided to pass it on to Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Other Than Reading... 

I got to drive home from work in our first snow of the season on Friday. I even had to brush off and scrape my windshields. Of course it was over about an hour later and Saturday and Sunday are supposed to get warm enough to melt the snow. (I'm writing this Saturday morning.)

I seem to have entered the first reading slump that I can recall. I just haven't been in the mood to read this past week. It shows in my accomplishments. I do have some books I want to get to during my Christmas break which starts at 1:30 PM on Tuesday and lasts until January 4. But I'm not sure what I'm going to read. I may pick some old favorites off the shelf to see if I can get my reading mojo back.

Read Last Week

Nothing

Currently

Nothing

Next Week
She's No Angel by Leslie Kelly has been on my TBR stack since 2008. It is a romance that looks cute.

Fighting Dirty by Lori Foster is the next in her Ultimate Fighters romance series. I got this one for review from NetGalley but it won't be released until late in February.

Endgame by Tess Diamond is the third book in her romantic suspense trilogy of novellas. I got this one from the author via GoodReads. I'm eager to find out how the story resolves.

Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

My reading slump hasn't stopped me from buying new books. Maybe one of these will end my slump.
With His Lady's Assistance by Cheryl is the first book in a historical mystery series. I bought it for my Kindle after seeing someone's Friday 56 post about the 4th book in the series.

No Good Duke Goes Unpunished by Sarah MacLean is the third book in her Rules of Scoundrels series. It was a Kindle daily deal and joins the first two books on my Kindle. I haven't read any of the series yet but have liked other books by the author.

The Work of Hunters by Laura Anne Gilman is the third novella in her urban fantasy Sylvan Investigations series. I have the first two already on my Kindle but haven't read them yet.

To see what Young Adult books I have been reading and plan to read, check out Ms. Martin Teaches Media - my other blog.

11 comments:

  1. I was wondering why I wasn't seeing any YA books in your post as I recall you love reading YA. Will need to go check out your other blog then!

    Sometime a reading slump just means you need a break. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had my on and off slumps ever since the summer, when my house guests were here. They're long gone, but the occasional slumps are not. This week wasn't too bad.

    What has worked for me so far: changing up the genre, or digging deep into my TBR stacks.

    Even so, I am way behind on my numbers this year...as if I care. LOL.

    Enjoy your holiday break! Here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slumps happen.

    I am stuck right now too. :)

    Merry Christmas!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is not like you to have a slump, I hope it goes away quickly. Nice variety of books as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like we're going to have a green Christmas for the first time in years. Hope you enjoy your break and pull out of the reading slump. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So unlike you to have a reading slump, perhaps end of year fatigue! Hope the holiday break brings back the book love. Have a great Christmas break.
    I'd like to read that series by Sarah McLean too, heard good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh bummer. Holidays can definitely make life a bit chaotic at the best of times. Perhaps once things settle down, you'll get your reading groove back! Hope you enjoy your break and holidays!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yuck snow, such a dirty word. I live in Michigan upper lower half and I'm happy to say so far this year we have had only a dusting of that stuff. Now to book related I have never heard of any of those books, guess I should check a few of them out.
    I'm also a new follower.
    You can see my what are you reading here: http://theresaraymer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hopefully some time off of school and a mug of hot chocolate will rejuvenate your reading. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hate reading slumps. I've had my share of them too. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, reading slumps happen to the best of us. Its also a hectic time of year so I'm sure you aren't the only one. Hope it doesn't last too long for you.
    Have a great week and Happy Holidays to you.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!