Monday, December 28, 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (Dec. 28, 2015)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? was a meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. She has decided to pass it on to Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Other Than Reading... 

I had a very quiet Christmas this year as I wasn't traveling. We did manage to get a white Christmas thanks to the inch or so of snow that fell on Wednesday. We also had light snow on Saturday.

I spent the time working on my blog and reading. I have 57 posts scheduled and ready to go. I also have the reviews, except for my thoughts, for the next six books on my reading pile ready to go.

I have some projects for next week. I am continuing to de-clutter and get organized for 2016. I still have quite a few closets and cupboards to look through for things I no longer want or need. 

Read Last Week
End Game by Tess Diamond was the concluding book in a trilogy. It was engaging and suspenseful. My reviews have been posted to Amazon, LibraryThing and GoodReads but, like the first two books, I won't be writing on review on my blog.

After that book, I decided to treat myself (and try to get out of my reading slump) by revisiting some books that I really enjoyed.

Gentleman Jole and the Red Queen by Lois McMaster Bujold is the latest in her Vorkosigan Saga and stars Cordelia who is making some major changes in her life after being widowed. I read this one first in October. It will be released on February 2 and my review will be posted on January 28.
I also read the two most recent Liaden Universe books to help me wait for the next which won't be released until July.

Necessity's Child by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller takes place on Surebleak and stars Syl Vor yos'Phelium who is a child who has been traumatized by the events the led to the Clan's relocation on Surebleak and who is trying to find in footing on a new planet and in times of lesser danger. Here is a link to my review.

Dragon in Exile by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller also takes place on Surebleak and is told from multiple viewpoints. I enjoyed this one because I got to catch up with favorite characters, learn more about the Bedel, and gain a new appreciation for Kareen. Here is a link to my review.
I did start She's No Angel by Leslie Kelly and read the first six chapters getting to page 145 before I abandoned this book which had been on my TBR mountain since 2008. While I was enjoying the main characters, I really hated the heroine's aunts who got way too much page-time for my liking. this one is now in the Donate Pile.

Currently

After my recent binge of old favorites, I decided I needed to catch up on YA books and haven't started a new adult book.

Next Week
First up are two review books from my stack. I got them both from NetGalley.

Fighting Dirty by Lori Foster is the newest in her series about Ultimate fighters. It will be released on February 23.

The Infamous Heir by Elizabeth Michels begins a new Regency series and will be released on March 1.
Next, from deep in the TBR mountain, comes Dragon's Fire by Anne McCaffrey and Todd McCaffrey. After this I will have removed one I bought in 2008 from my stack and will be left with only one more Pern book on TBR mountain.

Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?
I bought Crash and Burn by Allison Brennan and Laura Griffin for my Kindle this week. It was either a Kindle Daily Deal or featured on my daily BookBub email.

To see what Young Adult books I have been reading and plan to read, check out Ms. Martin Teaches Media - my other blog.

17 comments:

  1. Oh my! You have 57 posts ready to go?! Amazing!

    Readerbuzz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you're ready for 2016! I also spent time getting my posts ready for the upcoming week. And I'm trying to get some decluttering done but time literally flies in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like a quiet Christmas.

    ENJOY this last week of 2015, and Happy Reading in 2016.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete
  4. Decluttering is a great way to start the New Year. I've been doing this on and off throughout the year, but I think it's time to return to closets and drawers.

    Enjoy your books...it's too bad about the one you had to DNF. I hate when that happens, but I realize that I've done it more in recent years...which probably means that I need to be more careful in selecting books.

    Enjoy your week and the New Year, and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a quiet Christmas left you plenty of time for blogging and organization... my activities for this week :) SO impressed you have 57 posts ready to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been wanted to read Anne McCaffrey for a while( maybe next year) Mercedes lackey is a good author. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been wanted to read Anne McCaffrey for a while( maybe next year) Mercedes lackey is a good author. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how organised you are. Nice to hear someone got a little snow for Christmas. At least the 2008 DNF can now go out the door! I think I will sort through a few books and donate as I have sort of shifted my taste in reading a little.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh nice! those are new to me ones! Hope you enjoy this week's reads!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Sharon Lee and Steve Miller books look good, have a good week!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow you are so organised for 2016, I need to take a leaf out of your book. I donated 3 books to the K-Mart Christmas Wishing Tree this year and that was the extent of my sorting lol. Have a great week and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Way to go to get so far ahead! I can't wait for Fighting Dirty! Enjoy the rest of your break

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am in awe. Fifty-seven posts? You're amazing! I just post write them here and there as I go and have time for them. Which is apparent to anyone who follows my blog. Oh well. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I did travel for Christmas, and while it was nice it would be good to be home and have a quiet one too. :) Looks like some very interesting sci fi reads- and 57 posts. That's awesome, it's nice to be ahead. :)

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sometimes a nice quiet Christmas a home is nice after being so busy.

    Wow you have really been busy stockpiling posts. I wish I were more on to of my scheduling.

    All the best to you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG, more books on your TBR and 57 (that's FIFTY-SEVEN) posts ready to go? Color me pea-green with envy! ;p

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like a good week, and upcoming reads! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!