Monday, March 21, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (March 21, 2016)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Other Than Reading... 

It has been another week of changeable weather in Minnesota. One day I haul out the spring jacket, the next day it's back to the winter one. I am enjoying having more daylight at the end of the day but am still trying to catch up from the lost hour of sleep. We have three four-day weeks in a row coming up at work as we get Friday and Monday off over Easter and then have the following Monday for staff in-service before we begin our final quarter.

I am hoping to get a little extra reading time with a couple extra days off. I won't be traveling except for a few hours up to the Cities for an author event. A friend and I are taking that road trip next Saturday. I can't wait to take lots of pictures and meet authors I haven't met before.

Read Last Week
Hold Your Breath by Katie Ruggle was an entertaining romantic suspense title that begins a new series. The setting is the Colorado Rockies and the heroes are part of a Search and Rescue squad or some one associated with them. My review will be posted on April 2.

Luck Is No Lady by Amy Sandas was a historical romance. I really liked the characters in this one. My review will be posted on April 7.

The Obsession by Nora Roberts was an excellent romantic suspense title. It is typical Nora Roberts in that there is a strong sense of community and strong friendships built among the characters. I liked that neither the hero or the heroine were looking for love when it found them. My review will be posted on April 9.

Currently
Dying for a Taste by Leslie Karst is a cozy mystery that I got from Crooked Lane Books for review.

Next Week
Cold Girl by R. M. Greenaway is a mystery I got from NetGalley. I've had it since last October when it had an April 19 release date. It will be released on March 26 but my review will still appear in April.

'Til Death Do Us Part by Amanda Quick is also from NetGalley. I love this author's work no matter what pseudonym she is using and was glad when a publicist asked if I wanted to read it. It will be released on April 19.

The Black Dragon by Allyson James is from deep on TBR mountain. I got it January 18, 2008. I haven't had much chance this year to read or donate books added in 2008 but it is still a goal. (I still have 97 unread from 2008.)

Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?
After enjoying Nightstruck, I couldn't resist adding Dark Descendant by Jenna Black when it was a Kindle Daily Deal.

Magic & Manners by C. E. Murphy was recommended by an author I enjoy and is similar to some other books about magic in Regency England that I have liked. I had to buy it.

Added to the Review Stack was To Love a Wolf by Paige Tyler. I have enjoyed the rest of these books which have werewolves in a Texas SWAT team. It will be released on June 7.

State of TBR Mountain:
  • Added this week: 6
  • Total 2016 additions: 89
  • Still to read from 2016: 58
  • Total To Read Books: 1930
To see what Young Adult books I have been reading and plan to read, check out Ms. Martin Teaches Media - my other blog.

8 comments:

  1. I will look forward to your reviews for the Ruggle and Roberts books! I'm excited to read both of them, and glad to know you enjoyed them! Happy reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Obsession is one I'm "obsessed" about, as I love this author's romantic suspense. Thanks for sharing, and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many good books this week! I would read the Ruggle, the Roberts and the Greenaway titles if I had the chance. Last week you had such great titles- I loved The Drifter, I love all Coben books but haven't read that one yet and would read Brenda Chapman too.

    Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy the breaks as they come along. An author event - so worthwhile usually. Good to know The Obsession was good, a publisher will send me a copy but they usually only release them just before or at publication!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOh nice! I love Jenna Black's books! So I hope you enjoy Dark Descendant! It's a fun series! And it's final book is releasing this year, so now's the time to start it!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Amanda Quick novel looks like a good Victorian mystery. I hope you enjoy it - and get that extra reading time over your breaks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you liked Hold Your Breath. I just started it and so far so good. Looking forward to the Amanda Quick and Harlan Coben book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...what a good week for you.

    ENJOY this upcoming week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!