Monday, May 23, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (May 23, 2016)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Other Than Reading... 

Last week sped by so fast and nothing memorable happened. Our weather was cool but mostly dry. The lilacs outside my patio door are blooming. There are just nine student contact days and one teacher workday before this school year is over.

I get a week of vacation here at home before a doctor's appointment which includes a colonoscopy after which I head up to my summer home for a couple of months. I'm already planning what books will be making the trip with me.

I should finish all the reviews on my June calendar before school is over. So I'm looking for books to read with reviews showing up in July. August, and September. I hope to get a whole bunch scheduled. I plan to fit in books from my TBR mountains around the review books which are already on the calendar.

Read Last Week
Veil of Night by Linda Howard was a very enjoyable romantic suspense title that had been sitting on my TBR mountain since 2010. My review will be posted on June 18.

Boundary Lines by Melissa F. Olson is the second in an urban fantasy series set in Boulder, Colorado. My review will be posted on June 15.

Boundary Born by Melissa F. Olson puts an end to the Boundary Magic trilogy (for now). I like the characters, worldbuilding, and setting of this series. My review will be posted on June 22.

Currently
I am currently reading Magic Bitter, Magic Sweet by Charlie N. Holmberg. I got this one for review from NetGalley.

Next Week
Also from NetGalley is Seconds to Live by Melinda Leigh. And, from deep in TBR mountain, is Damage by Felix Francis.

Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

For Review:
I am also completing my collection of the Pink Carnation series by Lauren Willig. Arriving this week were:
To see what Young Adult books I have been reading and plan to read, check out Ms. Martin Teaches Media - my other blog.

6 comments:

  1. Going to your summer home sounds wonderful! Enjoy...and you should have a treat after the long grueling months of teaching.

    Enjoy those books...I am curious about Seconds to Live, as I enjoy the author.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your colonoscopy goes well. Enjoy all those wonderful reads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just downloaded Gone too Deep. I really like the older Linda Howard books. Good picks. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you must be ready for summer vacation and that reading time. I envy you having reviews ready that far in advance. I'm so behind, I'm just trying to get through this week! Magic Bitter, Magic Sweet is new to me and really appealing. Thanks for putting that one on my radar.

    I hope all goes well at your doctor's appointment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a way to start your vacation, hope for a clean test! Love the Pink Carnation series, so sad to see it end. I am liking the Katie Ruggle series too. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to see a photograph of your lilacs. They do not grow in the tropics (I havent seen them anywhere) and I would like to see a close up of these flowers

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!