Friday, April 28, 2017

Friday Memes: Dragon's Time by Todd McCaffrey

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City ReaderThe Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
Cold. Black. Silent.

Deadly.
Friday 56:
She woke to the feeling of hot tears on her cheek. She turned over to see F'jian leaning over her, his eyes full of tears.

"What?" she cried. "F'jian, what is it?"

"Nothing," the dragonrider told her huskily. "It's just that you are so beautiful." He paused and leaned down to kiss her cheek. "I love you so much. Don't ever forget that."
This week I'm reading Dragon's Time by Todd McCaffrey. This one is from my TBR stack and is another book that brings me closer to reading all of the Dragonriders of Pern series. Here is the description from Amazon:
Even though Lorana cured the plague that was killing the dragons of Pern, sacrificing her queen dragon in the process, the devastating disease has left too few dragons alive to fight the fall of deadly Thread. As morale at Telgar Weyr plunges in the wake of the widespread loss, and Weyrwoman Fiona and the harper Kindan struggle to keep hope from vanishing, a pregnant Lorana decides she must take drastic steps. Nothing short of manipulating time itself will undo the damage done by the plague. But attempting time travel could have devastating consequences—altering history, and destiny, forever. Now, somehow, Lorana must find a way to accomplish what seems impossible: bending the natural laws of the universe without wreaking havoc on existence itself. To ensure the future of Pern, she’s willing to take the fateful chance—even if it demands yet another, far greater, sacrifice.

6 comments:

  1. I've heard about this series before but just never got around to checking out any of the books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds good. I've wanted to try this author for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a great feeling to catch up on a series! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Somehow I've never read this author - one of these days... :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never read Anne McCaffery. I think I need to rectify that.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!