Tuesday, August 7, 2018

First Paragraph/Teaser Tuesday: Wild Hunger by Chloe Neill

Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea posted the first paragraph of a book she is reading or planning to read. In 2018, Vicki from I'd Rather Be at the Beach is taking over this meme.

Here's mine:
"Noooooo!" A little girl's voice echoed through the hallway. The cry was followed by footsteps, more yelling, and a petulant squeal.
 
Link up here. It is very easy to play along:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! Everyone loves Teaser Tuesday.
Here's mine:
Theo pulled a packet from his bag, offered it to me. "Your badges, itineraries, maps, security information."

Seri and I took them. "The other delegates from France have arrived?"
This week I am spotlighting Wild Hunger by Chloe Neill. I got this review copy at NetGalley. Here is the description from Amazon:
In the first thrilling installment of Chloe Neill's spinoff to the New York Times bestselling Chicagoland Vampires series, a new vampire will find out just how deep blood ties run.

As the only vampire child ever born, some believed Elisa Sullivan had all the luck. But the magic that helped bring her into the world left her with a dark secret. Shifter Connor Keene, the only son of North American Central Pack Apex Gabriel Keene, is the only one she trusts with it. But she's a vampire and the daughter of a Master and a Sentinel, and he's prince of the Pack and its future king.

When the assassination of a diplomat brings old feuds to the fore again, Elisa and Connor must choose between love and family, between honor and obligation, before Chicago disappears forever.


13 comments:

  1. I need to read the Chicagoland Vampires, it sounds so good. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sound of this one! Thank you for sharing and I hope you're enjoying it. My TT this week is all about fighting monsters... https://sjhigbee.wordpress.com/2018/08/07/teaser-tuesday-6th-august-2018-brainfluffbookblog-teasertuesday/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, vampires! Not my thing, but this one sounds unique. Enjoy, and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that first paragraph. It's a nice little taste that makes me want to keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't read vampire stories but I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting book! You got my interest going. I will come back once you have reviewed it.

    Here is mine: https://woabookreviews.wordpress.com/2018/08/07/first-chapter-first-paragraph-tuesday-week-2/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sadly I'm not really into vampires but I do hope you love the read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not a vampire reader but, I do hope that you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice teaser! I LOVED this one!! It was pretty much everything I could hope for from a Chicagoland spinoff!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Got to love a good vampire series! I do hope you're enjoying your pick. It's a great teaser, Kathy.

    Here's mine:

    https://alternative-read.com/2018/08/07/talk-tuesday-with-b-j-daniels/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've heard alot about this author. I don't read many vampire series, but sometimes they are really good. This sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've got this author on my want to read list

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds like fun Kathy! I hope you're enjoying!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!