Monday, August 6, 2018

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (August 6, 2018)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup. YA and middle grade reviews will still be posted on  Ms. Martin Teaches Media - my other blog.

Other Than Reading...

This was another quiet week. My brother and I celebrated my birthday by going out to eat pasta at a restaurant in an old factory. He also did a stir fry on his day off. This means we'll be eating leftovers over the weekend when he gets home from work.

The weather has been variable. We had quite a cold snap mid-week. I think the overnight low temperature Thursday was in the 40s. The high that day got to 63. As I'm writing this on Saturday morning, we have fog and are expecting rain. The temperature isn't expected to get above 70. I don't have to go anywhere today having run my errands yesterday and can watch my baseball from the cozy comfort of my couch.

I need to concentrate on reading to rebuild the cushion that I lost in July. This week helped but only added one more day to my cushion. I have almost finished reading the books I chose from my TBR mountain to fill up my August calendar and will then turn my sights on review books as I finish the 7 remaining August releases and begin the 14 September releases.

I caught up on posting all of my July reviews on Amazon. I need to start thinking about setting up my posts for September but am not in a rush since I still have 10 books to read that already have their posts ready for my thoughts.

July Report

I read 25 books in July. Fourteen of them were mine including 6 re-reads. Two of the books I read lowered TBR mountain since I'd had them more than six months. I managed to complete a series when I finished Sirensong by Jenna Black yesterday. I should finish The Agency series today. I also caught up with the Lady Darby mystery series. I read and reviewed 11 books. My total pages for the month was 9051.

I added 30 books to my TBR mountain in July including 13 new review books. As of today 29 are still unread.

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)

  • The Truth Lies Here by Lindsey Klingele - review book; YA mystery with paranormal elements. My review will by posted on August 15.
  • The Traitor in the Tunnel by Y. S. Lee - TBR pile; YA historical mystery. My review will be posted on August 13.
  • A Grave Matter by Anna Lee Huber - TBR pile; historical mystery. My review will be posted on August 15.


  • A Pressing Engagement by Anna Lee Huber - TBR pile; novella in the Lady Darby historical mystery series. I don't plan to review this one.
  • A Study in Death by Anna Lee Huber - TBR pile; historical mystery. My review will be posted on August 16.
  • As Death Draws Near by Anna Lee Huber - TBR pile; historical mystery. My review will be posted on August 18.


  • A Brush with Shadows by Anna Lee Huber - TBR pile; historical mystery which catches me up on the Lady Darby historical mystery series until the next book comes out in March 2019. My review will be posted on August 22.
  • Sirensong by Jenna Black - TBR pile; YA urban fantasy that concludes the Faeriewalker trilogy. My review will be posted on August 17.

Currently
Rivals in the City by Y. S. Lee is the conclusion of The Agency - a YA historical mystery series. It is from my TBR mountain.

Next Week

These are the books I'll be reading to finish up my August calendar. All are books from my review stack.
Hidden Pieces by Paula Stokes (August 28)
Through the Fire by Katie Ruggle (August 28)
The Prodigy by John Feinstein (August 28)
Second Chance at Two Love Lane by Kieran Kramer (August 28)
Ten After Closing by Jessica Bayliss (September 4)
Her Majesty's American by Steve White (Sept. 4)
Cowboy, Cross My Heart by Donna Grant (August 28)
Ignite the Stars by Maura Milan (Sept. 4)

Reviews Posted

On Inside of a Dog:
Set the Night on Fire by Laura Trentham
To Catch a Witch by Heather Blake
The Point by John Dixon

On Ms. Martin Teaches Media:
Sea Witch by Sarah Henning
These Rebel Waves by Sara Raasch
Nine by Zach Hines

Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Bought:
These Ruthless Deeds by Tarun Shanker
These Vengeful Souls by Tarun Shanker
Origin by Dan Brown
Portents by Kelley Armstrong
Killer Ambition by Marcia Clark
The Competition by Marcia Clark

Review:
Intercepted by Alexa Martin (Sept. 11)

What was your week like?



17 comments:

  1. HOpe you enjoy your quiet day. I wish I could read ahead, but alas, I'm a week to week basis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah you've read so many books last week and they seem like good titles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! Pasta in a factory restaurant sounds like The Spaghetti Factory, which we have here.

    Your books look tempting, and I'm curious about Intercepted. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read the sirensong series. I read Jenna Black before and liked her style a lot though. I should pick that up. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy Moly, 25 books in one month!! You inspire!
    Ali @SimplySummerStreet

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOh nice! Hoping to start Hidden Pieces this week myself, though I know my current read my keep me occupied for most of the week! Can't wait to read Sea Witch either which I have yet to figure out when I can read that one! Been waiting forever for that one it feels like! Lol.

    Hope you enjoy this week's reads!

    here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read twenty-one books last month. Happy belated birthday. My weekly updates

    ReplyDelete
  8. 25 books in one month! Way to go! Have a great reading week! I hope you can stop by:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2018/08/what-im-reading-8618.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  9. really want to read Intercepted! It sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have got a lot of reading done this month. Happy belated birthday fellow Leo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday! Congrats on reading 25 books. That’s impressive. Enjoy your upcoming reads!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday! And sounds like a good week in books! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Belated Birthday! Sorry about the cold arriving so soon. We are still warm here. Hope you enjoy Through The Fire as much as I did. I've got to get my July wrap up posted.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Belated Birthday. Sounds like you enjoyed a quiet one. Ours are quiet these days too.
    Hope it doesn't stay cold for you.
    You have so many books! The Agency series sounds good and Her Majesty's American is catching my eye. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy little late birthday! A night out for yummy pasta sounds great :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday!! I love restaurants in unusual settings. I hope you had a lovely birthday meal :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy belated birthday. Hope you had a wonderful day. Leftovers can make life easier. We love stir fry for that reason too.

    Lots of books I would love to read on your lists this week. The Traitor in the Tunnel is one that I really want to pick up. Hope you enjoy all your new books.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!