Friday, December 6, 2019

Friday Memes: Wolf's Bane by Kelley Armstrong

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City ReaderThe Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
Chapter One

Kate

I'm crouched in a thicket, listening to the drawn-out howl of a wolf, blood calling to blood.
Friday 56:
I wake to the click of the door opening. I wasn't sleeping. Not really. It's been a roller-coaster day, end every time I start to drift off, I remember something I might have done wrong, something I might have said wrong, and I jolt awake, gut twisted by anxiety imps.
This week I am spotlighting Wolf's Bane by Kelley Armstrong. This is the first in a new YA duology set in her Otherworld series of books. Here is the description from Amazon:
Summer camp is a traditional teenage rite of passage, but when you add supernatural powers to the typically high dosage of adolescent hormones – you get an even more combustible mix. Sixteen-year-old werewolf twins Kate and Logan Danvers are none too thrilled at being shipped off to a supernatural youth leadership conference in West Virginia.

From the moment they arrive at the camp, the twins sense something is off and they react in their usual manner – Logan reserving judgement and surveying the setup, while Kate charges forward determined to get answers. Kate and Logan quickly ascertain that most of the conference attendees have already formed hostile factions, leaving the twins and a few other misfits to band together.

What seems like teen hormones in overdrive becomes something much more dangerous, even deadly. Add in a strange magic-warded cabin in the woods and a local history rife with curses and macabre legends, and it becomes clear this was a really, really bad place to build a camp for teenage supernaturals.

2 comments:

  1. Anxiety imps.. oh, somehow I get that.
    I added you to the linky. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the quotes. Enjoy your current read!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!