Friday, February 21, 2020

Friday Memes: Still Life by Louise Penny

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City ReaderThe Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
Miss Jane Neal met her maker in the early morning mist of Thanksgiving Sunday. It was pretty much a surprise all around. Miss Neal's was not a natural death, unless you're of the belief everything happens as it's supposed to. If so, for her seventy-six years Jane Neal had been walking toward this final moment when death met her in the brilliant maple woods on the verge of the village of Three Pines. She'd fallen spread-eagled, as though making angels in the bright and brittle leaves.
Friday 56:
Gamache wondered how low the bar was set when all a man had to do to attract a woman was not smell of decomposing bears.
This week I am spotlighting Still Life by Louise Penny. This is a recent Kindle Daily Deal and the first book in the Inspector Gamache mysteries. Here is the description from Amazon:
Chief Inspector Armand Gamache of the Surêté du Québec and his team of investigators are called in to the scene of a suspicious death in a rural village south of Montreal. Jane Neal, a local fixture in the tiny hamlet of Three Pines, just north of the U.S. border, has been found dead in the woods. The locals are certain it's a tragic hunting accident and nothing more, but Gamache smells something foul in these remote woods, and is soon certain that Jane Neal died at the hands of someone much more sinister than a careless bowhunter.

Still Life introduces not only an engaging series hero in Inspector Gamache, who commands his forces---and this series---with integrity and quiet courage, but also a winning and talented new writer of traditional mysteries in the person of Louise Penny.

4 comments:

  1. This one sounds epic! I added you to the linky, but I hope you come by to help us celebrate the our memeversary! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this on my TBR and really need to read it. So many love the series. I am sure I would too. I hope you enjoy it! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somehow I've never really gotten into this series. Have a great weekend.

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!