Monday, March 16, 2020

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (March 16, 2020)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup.

Other Than Reading...

After a few sunny days to begin the week, our temperatures took a turn for the worse turning cold and windy. Naturally it was one of the coldest and windiest when I was called to go up to the car dealer because my license plates had arrived.

I was enjoying myself at home watching preseason baseball until the rest of the preseason was cancelled because of the Covid-19 threat. Then I switched to high school sports since we are in basketball tournament season here in Minnesota. Friday, the rest of them were cancelled too.

My brother has worked many extra hours at Target since they have been much busier than usual with people stocking up on all sorts of things in fear of something or other. Cleaning supplies and toilet paper seem to be especially popular and the shelves are emptied by mid-day. Shipments are still arriving and the shelves are restocked overnight.

I am not particularly concerned about getting sick because, despite a depressed immune system, I already spend a lot of time at home. My only routine contact is with my brother. Hopefully, the people he works with are following good hygiene and sick people are staying home.

I hope everyone is staying safe.

February Report

I read 24 books in February for a total of 9186. Twenty of the books were mine and sixteen of them were re-reads via audiobooks. I read four review books. All of the books I read were ebooks.

I added eleven books in February and 10 remain unread. Six of the books were new review books.

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)

  • Cross Her Heart by Melinda Leigh (Review; March 17) - This book begin a new thriller series and was quite entertaining. My review was published on March 11.
  • Look Alive Twenty-Five by Janet Evanovich (Mine) - This was another over-the-top mystery in a long-running humorous series. My review was published on March 12.
  • Scout's Progress by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller (Audiobook) - This is one of the first Liaden Universe stories that was an engaging interpretation of a book I have read many, many times. My review will be posted on March 18. 


  • One of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus (Mine) - Entertaining YA mystery told in multiple voices. My review was published on March 14.
  • Mouse and Dragon by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller (audiobook). My review will be posted on March 18.

Currently


Next Week


Reviews Posted



Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?




What was your week like?

7 comments:

  1. Glad you are staying healthy.

    Lots of good books here.

    Enjoy, and have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by:) Stay safe and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read One Of Us is Lying last fall, and enjoyed it. Stay safe and have a good reading week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh nice ones! All totally new to me reads here! I hope you enjoy and enjoyed them all!


    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you are already accustomed to being at home. I have found it comfortable at home post-retirement. I do miss some outings, but having enough books and movies goes a long way to making life easier.

    I need to catch up on the Janet Evanovich and Melinda Leigh books.

    Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you and your brother stay healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked One Of Us Is Lying. And glad you're able to be at home and hopefully exposed as little as possible. It's a scary time, for sure. Hopefully this thing runs it course sooner rather than later. Stay safe and have a good week!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!