Monday, March 23, 2020

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (March 23, 2020)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup.

Other Than Reading...

Welcome to the Pandemic! There still isn't a confirmed case of Covid-19 in Duluth but that is likely because the labs testing are so backed up. A few hundred tests from the hospitals here are waiting for results. I have isolated myself because my age (69) and health (Crohn's Disease) put me in a higher risk category. My brother is still working at Target for as long as it remains open and is working more than his usual number of hours. Each day, more and more businesses are closing their doors until this whole thing is over. Today, I got an email from my dentist saying that they are closing except for "life threatening" emergencies.  I believe that my appointment for lab work scheduled on Monday has not been cancelled though the idea of going up to the Clinic is freaking me out. There may be sick people there!

I am keeping quite busy listening to the Liaden Universe books on audio. The last one I listened to was almost 21 hours long. I am shifting gears this coming week and reading my April 7 release review books before I listen to the rest of the Liaden Universe books. Unfortunately, I've used up all my cushion of scheduled posts and am feeling some pressure to get these read and scheduled.

While my brother does most of the cooking, I am the official bread baker and baked three times this past week. I made Best Ever White Bread, Sesame Seeded Sandwich Buns, and Italian Bread. Most of the buns were frozen for future use. Tonight's menu is supposed to be Country Fried Steak with mashed potatoes and mushroom gravy but plans may change since my brother was supposed to finish work at 1:30 but was asked to stay until 5:15 instead.

Read Last Week

Reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)

  • Agent of Change by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller (Audiobook) - My first listen of the first book in the Liaden Universe. My review is linked below.
  • Carpe Diem by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller (Audiobook) - My first listen of a book many times read. I reviewed it with Agent of Change. The link is below.
  • Conflict of Honors by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller (Audiobook) - My first listen of a book many times read. The link is below.


  • Plan B by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller (Audiobook) - This was a first listen but many times read story. My review will be posted on March 25.
  • I Dare by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller (Audiobook) - Again, a first listen but many times read story. My review will be posted on March 26.

Currently


Next Week




Reviews Posted




Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Bought:

  • Local Custom by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller (Audiobook)
  • Smoke Bitten by Patricia Briggs (Kindle) 


  • Plan B by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller (Audiobook)
  • I Dare by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller (Audiobook)

Review:


What was your week like?

10 comments:

  1. Bread is so hard to find in the grocery stores here, I'm thinking about making my own as well! Your loaves sound delicious! Good luck with your blood work. I had to go to the doctor a few days ago and was terrified, but they staggered their patients so only one person was in the waiting room at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An interesting list, as always! I just finished listening to the audiobook of First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones. I'll have to look for A Bad Day for Sunshine! I've always meant to try a Patricia Briggs book, too. I should have a lot more time for reading over the next two weeks, as work just got shut down completely starting tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh nice list! I just started reading American Demon myself. Not too far in yet but liking it so far! Hope you enjoy your reads for this week!


    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you're keeping busy and staying indoors! Wishing you the best and lots of good reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many changes in our lives, and they seem to grow with each. The place where I live is constantly handing out letters to us of more changes, none of which are pleasant.

    Your books look tempting. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! Julia Spencer-Fleming! I love that series!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm trying to keep my anxiety at bay by avoiding constant news updates and spending time in my garden and reading whenever possible. Maybe the reason no cases have been reported is that there are no cases. Maybe the virus doesn't thrive in such cold weather. I noticed that there have been no cases in Greenland. I'm also hoping the virus, like most viruses, doesn't do well in hot weather. It should be in the mid-80s today here in south Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Things have sure changed and so fast! I hope you and your brother stay safe and well. We're doing okay so far but who knows how long this will last.

    I really want to try the Huber series.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had a dentist appointment-they closed the day before I was supposed to have it, and a week before it was mandatory. It was only my yearly check up though. And some really awesome books! I loved Race the Sands, and I can't wait for American Demon! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!