Sunday, May 31, 2020

State of the Stack #96 (May 31, 2020)

This is my monthly State of the Stack post. It is my way to keep track of my review books and to hopefully reduce the stack that I have waiting for me. I take a look at my review commitments on or near the first of the month.

Here is my Review Books Spreadsheet I list them in publication order and sort them by month. I can quickly see how many books I have for each date. Ideally, this keeps me from over-committing to review books. Check my spreadsheet to find out where I got each book.

I also do this post because sometimes (frequently) review books sit on my stack for a while before I read and review them. I try to read and review books within two weeks of publication date. Sometimes I can't, though, if too many books are releasing on the same date or if the book arrives too near its publication date and my calendar is already full.

I am very grateful to the authors and publishers who support my reading habit.

I Read This Month

These are listed in the order I read them. Links go to my reviews for all that have been posted already. Otherwise, the date the review is scheduled for is listed.
  1. Murder at Rudhall Manor by Anya Wylde (May 16)
  2. Death of an Aristocrat by Anya Wylde (May 30)
  3. The Girls Weekend by Jody Gehrman (June 2)
  4. Spy, Spy Again by Mercedes Lackey (June 4)
  5. Catalyst by Sarah Beth Durst (June 3)
  6. Riviera Gold by Laurie R. King (June 6)
Read Previously, Reviews Posted This Month
  1. A Study in Murder by Callie Hutton (May 5)
  2. To Kill a Mocking Girl by Harper Kincaid (May 6)
  3. Lady Rights a Wrong by Eliza Casey (May 28)
I Added These Books

These are listed in the order I received them. Links go to Amazon. Date published is listed in parentheses.
  1. Monsters Among Us by Monica Rodden (Oct. 27)
  2. The Cousins by Karen M. McManus (Dec. 1)
  3. Bright Shining World by Josh Swiller (Nov. 24)
  4. Girl on the Run by Abigail Johnson (Oct. 6)
  5. Nightshade by M. L. Huie (Sept. 8)
  6. A Highlander Is Coming to Town by Laura Trentham (Sept. 29)
  7. Catalyst by Sarah Beth Durst (June 9)
My Review Pile

June




July






August







September




October



November


December

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!