Monday, November 30, 2020

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (Nov. 30, 2020)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.


It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup.

Other Than Reading... 

This was still another quiet week. My brother and I had a nice Thanksgiving with one new recipe being a miss and the other a hit. In fact, we are still enjoying the new pumpkin dessert recipe I tried. I've thrown away the recipe for a variation on green bean casserole along with the leftovers of that dish. I was looking for a recipe that was similar to green bean casserole but without the deep-fried onions which I don't like. I'll have to keep looking.

I spent the week listening to favorite audiobooks again. I figured that I have a gap since the review books I have coming up to read are all January releases with reviews posted in January too. I have finished all my December posts except the Monday Reports.

This coming week will be busier. My brother is scheduled for cataract surgery on Tuesday with his follow-up with his eye doctor for later the same day. We have to report to the surgery center at 6:15 AM where he'll be tested for Covid-19 and then admitted. I'll be driving back home to wait until he's finished since waiting on-site is strongly discouraged. He has been told to expect the procedure to be finished by 8:30 - 9 AM. His follow-up is scheduled for 3 PM. He also has Wednesday off work and hopes to be ready to work again the rest of the week. I'm hoping he'll be cleared to drive at his follow-up appointment. I don't like to drive in the winter and, while the weather is supposed to be good and snow-free, I don't like to depend on it. 

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)
  • Mouse and Dragon by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller (audiobook) - reread
  • Fledgling by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller (audiobook) - reread
  • Saltation by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller (audiobook) - reread
Currently
Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Bought:
Review:
What was your week like?

14 comments:

  1. What an amazing collection of titles. I am slowing easing myself away from MG novels into adult ones. It's both harder and easier than I expected it would be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice assortment of books.

    Thanks for sharing.
    Have a great reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to check out your review of THE WINDSOR KNOT.

    Nice week.

    I hope your brother’s cataract surgery goes well.

    Take care, and Happy Reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in the middle of The Cousins now. Good luck with your brother's surgery. Hoping all goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All your reviews are written for December?? Oh, my gosh, I'm so jealous! Today is the last day of November, and I haven't written a single review yet of the books I read this month - I just posted my October summary last week! ha ha I am always behind, and this will be a busy month.

    Looks like a great variety of books for you lately!

    Hope you enjoy your books this week -

    Sue

    Book By Book

    ReplyDelete
  6. I review books right after I read them, so I'm never behind. Defending the Galaxy looks promising. I wonder if you are generally satisfied with the books you read. I tend to enjoy the most the books that surprise me.

    Good wishes for your brother's upcoming surgery. I hope he is cleared for driving, too. I don't blame you for not wanting to drive in winter weather.

    I've downloaded a couple of audiobooks. I love to listen to audios in the evening just before I go to bed and while I cook.

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh nice! I loooooved Defending the Galaxy! Hope you enjoy all the new reads!


    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving. And good luck to your brother with his surgery.

    Your reads look great. I need to get the new McManus.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you had a nice Thanksgiving. You have a great list of books. Enjoy them. Best wishes to your brother on his upcoming surgery. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a good week, with the pie working out, yeah! And Defending the Galaxy! Hope you enjoy it! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope all goes well with your brother's surgery. I have yet to read Named of the Dragon, but I'm sure it's good. I'll have to look for your review. Enjoy your reading week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am glad you had a good Thanksgiving, and mentioning the cataract surgery reminds me that I will probably be facing that at some point. So far, they are not recommending it as necessary yet.

    Enjoy your books and your week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, you have been a very busy bee. You always have such a great group of books on your list. I'm eager to hear what you think of Portrait of Peril.

    Hope your brother's surgery goes well. Thanks for visiting my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad you had a good Thanksgiving, and at least one new recipe was a success! Enjoy your reading.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!