Monday, October 9, 2023

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (October 9, 2023)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup.

Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.

Other Than Reading...

This was a quiet week since there was a lull in baseball as teams geared up for the playoffs. I had a chance to watch The Voice and to listen to quite a few audiobooks. 

Last week had a few very warm days when the air conditioner was needed but now the furnace is running as our temperatures are more seasonal. Forecasted highs this week may get to 50F with the lows right around freezing. I should get out and prepare my landscaping for the winter but may call someone to do it for me. 

This week will be filled with baseball, and I have my annual appointment with my gastroenterologist on Thursday. I'm also working on my November review books. 

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)
  • True Fiction by Lee Goldberg (Mine; Audiobook) -- First is a series where the main character is an author of thrillers who finds one of his plots playing out in real life. My review will be posted on October 31.
  • Calico by Lee Goldberg (Review; November 7) -- This story combines mystery with time travel and has interesting characters. My review will be posted on November 2.
  • Starter Villain by John Scalzi (Mine) -- This is the story of a guy who inherits his uncle's criminal empire after his death. It was played for humor and was entertaining. My review will be posted on November 4.
  • Trotting Into Trouble by Amber Camp (Review; November 14) -- Second in a contemporary mystery series which features a woman who runs a horse rescue operation. My review will be posted on November 7.
  • The Ape Who Guards the Balance by Elizabeth Peters (Mine) -- This is the tenth book in the Amelia Peabody series and takes place in 1907. A mysterious manuscript leads to mystery. My review will be posted on November 9.
  • Murder Checks Out by Victoria Gilbert (Review; November 14) -- Eighth in the Blue Ridge Library series takes place around Christmas time and has Amy investigating the death of a property developer with her brother-in-law as the prime suspect. My review will be posted on November 7.
  • Guardian of the Horizon by Elizabeth Peters (Audiobook, Mine) -- The next in chronological order, but not publication order, in the Amelia Peabody series has the family returning to the lost oasis they found in an earlier book in the series. My review will be posted on November 21.
  • Three in Death by J. D. Robb (Mine) -- This contains three of the novellas in the In Death series and was a reread for me. 
Currently
Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Review:
Bought:
What was your week like?

10 comments:

  1. Weather is the same around here: air conditioning one day and heat the next. Expecting the next rainy storm this coming weekend.

    So many great books on your list this week, Kathy. Murder Checks Out and Let it Crow! caught my eye. Hope you enjoy your week. Thanks for stopping by my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like we are having similar weather. Saturday was full of football games. I know how much you enjoy baseball. I'm the same with football. Hope the playoffs go your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of good books on your list this week. That John Scalzi cover is really eye-catching! Enjoy the playoffs... it's going to be exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your gastro appointment. Your books look great. I'm going to add Coconut Drop Dead to my review list, too. I enjoyed the first two books in the series. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Act Like a Lady think Like a Lord sounds fun, I see it has a mystery twist. I am looking forward to the new Nora Roberts but I give a miss to Nalini Singh's thrillers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice! These are all totally new to me reads. I hope you enjoy the books lined up for this week!


    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Same here with the weather. Has definitely cooled down. Calico has me curious, as do the PEters book (I never seem to read those).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, hot and then cool (finally!) I'm hoping the cool will linger here for a while.

    Great lineup of books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We turned out furnace on too. :) I haven't read any of these but I hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's been pretty nice here, temperature wise, we haven't gotten any snow yet, and I only just turned on the furnace, which is nice. Sounds like a decent reading week! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!