Monday, July 1, 2024

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (July 1, 2024)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.

Other Than Reading...

Welcome to July! I can't believe that June is over. It went so fast. I did manage to go the whole month without turning on the air conditioning even though we did have a couple of days in the 80s. Today, in fact, I turned on the heat because the inside temperature was only 64. Outside is 64 right now too. 

We got 7.75 inches of rain in June which is evident in our green, green grass and the soggy ground where the rain from the neighborhood runs along the edge of our yard to the storm drain in the street. Despite all the rain and cloudy days, we produced just over a megawatt of power from our solar panels in June. That is the second lowest June total in the five years we have had the panels.  

I'm writing this on Sunday morning. I don't think I'll finish a book today but will wait until tomorrow to run the totals anyway. I am starting on my August review copies this week since I have 15 of them on my stack. I did set up my August calendar which, except for the review copies, is subject to change. Except for audiobooks, there weren't many spaces to fill after slotting in the review copies.

This week I should be receiving and reading The Down Deep by Catherine Asaro. I left a space for it on my July calendar. Otherwise, I'll be reading review books and listening to audiobooks I've read before. 

My brother is in a stretch of seven working days without a day off. Mostly, he is scheduled for shifts that end at 10PM. However, he does plan to make a chicken stir fry when he gets home from work today since he only works until 4:30 PM. I made blueberry pancakes this morning and put quite a few in the refrigerator for breakfasts later in the week. 

Read Last Week
  • The Last Line by Scott Lyerly (Review; July 23) -- A theater owner with Tourette's syndrome needs to solve the murder of the leading man in her current production if she wants her theater to survive. My review will be posted on July 18.
  • Wait Until Midnight by Amanda Quick (Mine; Kindle & Audiobook) -- Entertaining historical mystery and romance. My review will be posted on July 17.
  • Supreme Justice by Max Allan Collins (Mine; Kindle & Audiobook) -- Fast-paced and engaging political thriller. My review will be posted on July 25.
  • Fire & Heist by Sarah Beth Durst (Mine since 8/3/2023) -- YA paranormal with thieving wyverns and an interesting heist. My review will be posted on July 20.
  • Such Charming Liars by Karen M. McManus (Review; July 30) -- YA thriller about a jewel heist and a murder. Great characters. My review will be posted on July 23.
  • The Gathering Edge by Sharon Lee & Steve Miller (Audiobook Reread)
  • Havoc by Deborah J Ledford (Review; July 30) -- Second Eva "Lightning Dance" Durand thriller set on the Pueblo Reservation in New Mexico. Excellent story. My review will be posted on July 24.
  • Alliance of Equals by Sharon Lee & Steve Miller (Audiobook reread)
  • Always Time to Die by Elizabeth Lowell (Mine) -- Entertaining romantic suspense title. My review will be posted on July 27.
Currently
  • Neogenesis by Sharon Lee & Steve Miller (Audiobook Reread)
  • Agony Hill by Sarah Stewart Taylor (Review; August 6)
Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Review:
Bought:
  • So Long by Blake Pierce (Chirp Audiobook, $.99)
  • So Scared by Blake Pierce (Chirp Audiobook, $.99)
What was your week like?

9 comments:

  1. June flew by. You're doing great with your Goodreads challenge. I fell behind when I was sick a few months back and haven't caught up, but I will. Your books look so good. I hope July is a great month for you. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You obviously spend a lot of time reading to reach so many books read so far this year. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are going to surpass your GR reading goal. Lots of books here, I haven't read any of them. Hope there is less rain in July and more sun for your solar panels. With our winter mine aren't seeing that much sun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh nice new blog look! I love the blue! And holy cow! I am in awe of your Goodreads challenge! Even in the height of my reading days I think I only ever got to 200 books in a year once or twice. Then it was 100, now that I have a better job it's more like 50, 60 if I find some lengthy novellas! Lol.

    Nice set of reads for the week too! All new to me ones but I hope you enjoy them all!


    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What??? No air conditioning for all of June??? And you had to turn on the...what? the heat??? Astounding!

    And you have already read 222 books for the year??? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Last Line and The Poisonous Palate both sound good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you on not believing it's July already! Went by so quickly. We have had a very odd spring and early summer here in the PNW - colder than usual, so a lot of seeds I direct sowed didn't germinate, then a record hot snap in June followed by some of the coolest and wettest days I remember at this time of year. I think the garden is confused - I know I am!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to read more books by Donna Andrews. I met her at my local library last year. She's wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree that June absolutely flew by. I think it's so odd how some months drag on and others are over in the blink of an eye. That seems like A LOT of rain. When we moved to Michigan in 2020, our realtor assured us that we wouldn't need central air because there would be maybe 2 days that hit 90 and otherwise it would be pleasant. We had more than 2 days in the 90s in MAY! Thank goodness for window units. Fire & Heist looks really interesting--adding that to the TBR.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!