It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.
It’s Monday! What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.
Other Than Reading...
This was a nice quiet week highlighted by a trip to the dentist for the first of two appointments to replace a crown. It went okay, but a trip to the dentist will never make my list of favorite things.
Other Than Reading...
This was a nice quiet week highlighted by a trip to the dentist for the first of two appointments to replace a crown. It went okay, but a trip to the dentist will never make my list of favorite things.
The weather was nice with highs in the upper 70s for most of the week. We could use some rain but didn't get any. It is currently 69, windy, and cloudy.
I had a nice reading week. I did have one review book that didn't really grab me. It is unusual for me to take four days to read a 300-page book, but I kept putting it down to listen to an audiobook or four. I did finish it and ultimately found it satisfying.
This was a big week for adding books to my stack. Besides getting Audible copies of two books on TBR mountain, I also added three Kindle copies for books I already have in print but want to reread and I added one book from Prime Reading and its accompanying audiobook. I'm doing pretty well on reading what I buy. I only have 14 books purchased in 2026 that I haven't read yet and most are already on my reading calendar.
Then there were the six new review copies I added to my stack.
My review stack took a jump from 40 books to 44 with the new additions. Fortunately, or unfortunately depending how you look at it, I will be reading mostly review books for the next couple of weeks. I'm leaning toward fortunately since most of them are books in series and by authors I have already read and enjoyed.
Since I have finished all of the audiobooks on my September calendar, I'll likely be rereading audiobooks for the next couple of weeks. The first audiobook on my October calendar is one where I might choose to read my Kindle copy instead. Or I might choose to read along with my Kindle copy as I listen.
Read Last Week
- Salvage Right by Sharon Lee & Steve Miller (Audiobook reread) -- A Liaden Universe story.
- The Raging Storm by Ann Cleeves (Kindle & Audiobook, Mine since August 3) -- Third in the Matthew Venn mystery series. My review will be posted on September 15.
- A Labyrinth of Honeybees by Heather Fawcett (Kindle & Audiobook, Free with Prime) -- a short fantasy story.
- Midnight Bayou by Nora Roberts (Kindle & Audiobook, Mine since June 26) -- Romance with ghosts. Great story. My review will be posted on September 17.
- Shadows in Death by Nora Roberts (Audiobook Reread) -- 51st in the In Death series
- Dirty Thirty by Janet Evanovich (Kindle & Audiobook, Mine since August 11) -- 30th in the Stephanie Plum humorous mystery series. My review will be posted on September 16.
- A Deadly Entanglement by Cathy Pegau (Review, September 15) -- Second Harriman and Mancini historical mystery. My review will be posted on September 9.
- I Am the Monster Under the Bed by Emily Zinnikas (Review, September 15) -- Contemporary horror story. My review will be posted on September 10.
- Agnes Aubert's Mystical Cat Shelter by Heather Fawcett (Kindle & Audiobook, Mine since August 13) -- Romantacy set in Montreal. My review will be posted on September 17.
- Murder on the Sacred River by Tasha Alexander (Review, September 22)
- Faithless in Death by J. D. Robb (Audiobook reread)
- Turning Darkness into Light by Marie Brennan (Kindle, Mine since May 16)
- The Pumpkin Vice Cafe by Ellie Alexander (Review, September 29)
- The Dying Light by Ann Cleeves (Review, September 29)
- Cursed City by Kate Golden (Review, September 29)
- The Velvet Knife by Maureen Johnson (Review, September 29)
- Murder on Threadneedle Street by Andrea Penrose (Review, September 29)
- Fired Up by Jayne Ann Krentz (Audiobook)
- Crash & Burn by Lisa Gardner (Audiobook)
- Murder on Charity Lane by Jo Nichols (Review Copy)
- Night Candy by Max Tomlinson (Audiobook)
- For Services Rendered by Will Thomas (Review Copy)
- Going Rogue by Janet Evanovich (Kindle, Mine)
Review:
- The Vanished Sister by Sherry Thomas (Review, September 29)
- The Christmas Competition by Zoe Allison (Review, October 20)
- The Trial of Magdelena Overmorrow by Caitriona Moran (Review, November 3)
- A Murder Most Irregular by Vicki Delany (Review, January 5)
- A Rogue's Guide to Winning a Wife by Meredith E. Phillips (Review, February 2)
- Peril in the Night by Katharine Schellman (Review, March 23)
Bought:
- Dirty Thirty by Janet Evanovich (Audiobook, Audible Credit)
- Agnes Aubert's Mystical Cat Shelter by Heather Fawcett (Audiobook, Audible Credit)
- Slightly Shady by Amanda Quick (Kindle, $1.99)
- Don't Look Back by Amanda Quick (Kindle, $6.99)
- Late for the Wedding by Amanda Quick (Kindle, $6.99)
- The Half-Hearted Queen by Charlie N. Holmberg (Kindle, Prime Reading)
- The Half-Hearted Queen by Charlie N. Holmberg (Audiobook, $3.99)















No comments:
Post a Comment
I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.
This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.
Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!