Monday, September 21, 2026

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (September 21, 2026)

 It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.

Other Than Reading...

This was another nice quiet week. Fall weather has arrived with high temperatures ranging from 57 to 70. We also received .8 inches of rain this week which did little to relieve our state of extreme drought. It is currently 55 degrees and cloudy but with no rain in the forecast. Leaves are just starting to turn. I can see one gorgeous red-leafed something out my patio window but most of the leaves I see are still green.

My week of cooking didn't really turn out to really be my week since my brother made a big pot of chili on Sunday which was his day off. I did make an excellent lentil soup and a chicken pot pie with a biscuit topping. We still have leftovers of both. I think he's planning to make Shrimp Lo Mein for dinner today which will leave even more leftovers. I have the making for a homemade pizza which might be lunch today. 

I added two new review copies to my stack this week and read three leaving my TBR review stack at 38. I also couldn't resist a number of book deals this week and added 10 books to my 2026 TBR pile. I've already read one and am currently reading a second. All the rest of the new additions are on my 2026 calendar. I currently have 23 TBR books on my 2026 stack with this week's additions. 

This week everything I read was reviewed and scheduled on my blog. However, I've been skipping around a bit with audiobooks, so the reviews are not the next ones on my calendar. I have a bunch of review copies on my calendar but have been fitting in the audiobooks for a change of pace. After my current audiobook, I have only one more on my October calendar to go along with the 15 Kindle books (mostly review copies) that I still need to read for my October calendar. Of those 15, only one has the possibility of reading it as an audiobook which I haven't yet purchased. I might find myself getting further ahead and further out of balance by listening to some audiobooks on my November calendar. 

Read Last Week
  • The Lady Jewel Diviner by Rosalie Oaks (Kindle, Mine since July 20) -- Historical Fantasy. It was nice. My review will be posted on October 3.
  • The Case of the Christie Curse by Kelly Oliver (Kindle & Audiobook, Mine since June 14) -- Third in a historical mystery series. My review will be posted on October 13.
  • Jay to the World by Donna Andrews (Review, October 13) -- Andrews' annual humorous Christmas mystery. My review will be posted on October 6.
  • Secret Sisters by Jayne Ann Krentz (Audiobook, Mine since December 3, 2025) -- Contemporary romantic suspense. My review will be posted on October 20.
  • Written in Starlight by Sloane Brooks (Review, October 13) -- Romantasy, sort of. Interesting premise. My review will be posted on October 6.
  • Don't Look Back by Amanda Quick (Kindle & Audiobook, Mine since August 13 & September 16) -- Second book in the Marsh & Lake historical mystery trilogy. My review will be posted on October 9.
  • Sizzle and Burn by Jayne Ann Krentz (Chirp Audiobook, Mine since March 7, 2025) -- Contemporary romantic suspense with a paranormal element. My review will be posted on October 15.
  • Home for the Homicides by Elle Cosimano & Hannah Morrissey (Review, October 13) -- Funny mystery that contains ALL the romance tropes. My review will be posted on October 7.
Currently
Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Review:
Bought:

New Audiobooks:
New Kindle:
What was your week like?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!