Thursday, February 12, 2009

The New Things

I have been spending some time looking over the list of new things. I am really conflicted. I enjoyed the first 23 Things very much and learned things that have been useful. I'm not getting the same feeling with this next group.

I have been stuck on the second new thing. I had previously added some of the blog enhancements that are discussed. However, I don't see how very many of them add value to my blog. A lot of them look like clutter to me. I might do something with the cluster map but, since my blog gets very little traffic, I certainly don't think it is necessary.

I am feeling very busy and stressed just keeping up the day to day things I'm doing now. I don't want to get any more involved in the Ning. I see no need to Twitter. I already follow about 100 blogs, am active in the Nutrisystem discussion boards, and don't have any more time to devote to being online.

I read Doug Johnson's post yesterday about participation in my professional organization and felt a little bit of guilt. I am one of the 90% who just pays my dues and calls it good. I have never been even a little bit active in MEMO. I seldom even attend that annual meetings and gatherings. Next year might be the exception because the big convention is happening in Rochester. It would be hard to justify not taking part when it is only 11 miles from my home.

I don't think that I am going to complete (or even start) most of the things. This time I'm going to be a dabbler.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy,

    The conference might be your chance to dabble in volunteering in MEMO. We'd promise not to work you too hard!

    All the best,

    Doug

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you. I did sign up for Twitter, but I think I will let it go. Or maybe revisit it later. I can't see spending time that way,or how to use it. I think it is part of what is wrong with too much technology in the world. I think I may dabble too.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!